Nkp 3-link Production.

Noob question, sorry, but I wasn’t able to find the answer in the thread.

Do the mounts take the standard 63xx motors?

Also, I guess the “discount for forum members” is a history now so we get to purchase at $590 (including motor mounts for 2WD). Correct?

1 Like

@janpom
Discount ended Jan1
63xx yes

LG Motor Plates will take 96mm long motors, small bolt pattern, 8 or 10mm shaft

Truck info is Here.

3 Likes

So is 14’’ the narrowest you can go with that type of motor mount? I am looking to make a race board where the wheels and width of the deck are flush.
Or would going with Ronins be better for this?

1 Like

If your building a Raceboard. Start with grip. You are only as good as the contact patch will allow.
Long track, short track or up-hill with a powered board urethane will get spanked. If we’re talking straight line speed urethane still has a place with performance. Stay away from dual diagonal setups (Torque steer) The big problem with narrow trucks is having enough room for motors. @JaysTCB made a single motor live axel Ronin that works with grip being the limiting factor (Thane.)

With the DH truck we can get you pretty damn narrow. We can make your axel hanger width to what you want.

3 Likes

yeah, so I think my current setup for urethane I am good definitely looking to go pneumatic. So I guess I am def getting a pair of 3 links, I am wondering if a downhill board would work well with these, seems like your boards are metal? This is the board I am looking at because of concave https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/decks/73417/pantheon-2020-chiller-pro-longboard-skateboard-deck-w-grip

3 Likes

@MFBOOM theres a down hill deck and enclosure group buy going on right now. Zenit Marble 38 V2 deck - Group Buy (#3 => no shipping costs) - #115 by frame.b022

Where we are at in terms of deck design. With the grip level and lateral forces we are seeing. Getting the deck line just above the axel line is important.
With a flat deck (no drop) as turn G’s increase, so does the input force required to hold the turn angle. As the deck line moves to the axel pivot center, lateral force has less effect on input force.

23 Likes

man, those rims look amazing on that build!

6 Likes

Sick reminds me of a lanyatchz Evo. I’ll probably get this then

2 Likes

Wheels belong to @MarioChacon by Land Surf.
Products - Land-Surf, LLC.
Was modeling on the @davidbonde deck. I gotta say David really nailed the deck design. Red embers should be pressing these soon.

Any ways the wheel is the wide XCell. The fit and finished is second to none. The wheel is on Mario’s LakymeraProtoLinko build. Some day I’ll get a picture maybe. It uses the 20 deg rear kick with the rear link rotated 180 motors out the back , gear driven on Laqroix electronics and bellypan
For now this is what I have on it

14 Likes

@jamie is this in the works :star_struck:

10 Likes

So this might be a dumb question, but what are the smallest and largest you can adjust the axel width using the spacers ? And what angles can you adjust the trucks to ?

1 Like

@Nacho :smiling_imp:

1 Like

shhhhhhh @MoeStooge about @davidbonde’s deck
otherwise everyone will want one

the deck is super awesome i was talking to david about it and it seems like the ultimate speed deck
also that with @jamie pressing just makes it better and better

9 Likes

It’s been in the works since may-June last year. Been a long time waiting. Totally gonna build my sickest creation with this.

5 Likes

Yes I can’t wait to see your creation

2 Likes

Width with the 14" hanger depends on wheel offset and bearing spacing. 13" wheel center width is possible with standard sk8 bearing spacing. We run approximate 11" wheel center width to match up with the race boards and DB/red embers wood deck. Total spindle area 2.65". Motor mounts can be moved inboard to accommodate a narrowed track width if desired.
Truck angle adjustment is 0 to 48deg.

3 Likes

awesome thank you so much, wanted to factor in wedge/dewedge of the board <3

1 Like

I really like that you can see the drive axle poking through by the kingpin there lol. MADE IN USA is a good touch too.

3 Likes

I’m attempting to mount FS6384 motors with the large bolt pattern. I’ve taken Moe’s advice to just use two screws diagonally to mate the plates with the motor.

Would it be a bad idea or worth the trouble to add a third hole at this mark?

Might even use the crossbar hole to mate the plate with 4 screws.

3 Likes