NKON Nickel quality issues *Solved 04/09/19*

Im starting to see a pattern of them making excuses if things dont ship in their estimated time frame. They seem to go on “holiday” very often. I would guess who ever said they wait for a large amount of packages to come in before they ship and tell people a excuse if they are way off on their time frame.

It is actually stated on the website that the company in Germany does this as a favor for thrm to ship to U.S

Not exactly. On the checkout page it says “Parcels via Fedex we ship via a partner in Germany”.

Even if it was the case it would still be annoying because of the reasons I mentioned above. Obviously noone is doing the customer a favour here, if anything they are doing him a favour (the business). Remember that this is not another forum member who sells goods on the side but a large battery supplier/business.

3 Likes

I just had an update from Arjan, he has checked 10 rolls so far and seems like they got a lot of steel.

I wonder if he is now fighting his supplier or if they have owned up/accepted they fucked up

12 Likes

Hope the ass hat apologies for lack of actual support!!!

1 Like

Well It may not be on their main page but I knew I saw it somewhere.

4 Likes

No it’s on the site aswell.

5 Likes

let’s just try to refrain from name-calling here :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I guess that’s later in the checkout process, before that on the main checkout page it doesn’t say favour, but either way I don’t think this information is something appropriate to burden a customer with. We are both right :smiley:

I wonder how much of these strange descriptions are due to language barriers? I can see how similar words such as “doing as a favor” vs “doing as a service” easily get lost in translation. And a man has a right to go on vacation (holiday?) like New Year’s or whatever, right?:tada: Still, long shipping times suck…

In any case gentlemen, back to the topic at hand. Seems he admitted the issue and is taking some kind of corrective action. I hope he comes forward to make nice. NKON has clearly earned trust over the years by providing solid product and deserves a chance. This is a shit sandwich that many people have already taken a bite of, so that puts NKON in a tough spot. :slightly_frowning_face:

10 Likes

maybe you can sell the pack to someone willing to fix/clean it up and use

Ok so update guys.

I just got back from a little holiday and Arjan has come through. He has sent me 20m of nickel strip and 60 30Q cells that are good but have damaged wraps as compensation which is a pretty sweet deal.

I guess this is now over and we all learned a lot of stuff?

37 Likes

Very nice.

8 Likes

nice deal!
So what are you going to do with the old pack?

That more than makes up for any previous ass hattery from them, really nice jesture :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hell /yeah

1 Like

Im sorry but I have been ordering off nkon for 3 years at least once a month, and i have encounter the holiday notice only once or twice

Plus how many times do you order off nkon?
Please do not write shit about a company you probably dont even know and buy from them once a year

1 Like

If you need the cells fast, you can always order them in the US
Trans continetal shipping is always shit unless you shell out big bucks for DHL
I really do not understand this hate on NKON…

I have order from the 3 times this year. I don’t care if I ordered from them alot or not. I posted my experience vs what was told to me and the shipping times were drastically longer. Just fyi they are currently in a “holiday” again. If you would have read my posts fully you would have noticed I said I would have ordered locally and paid more if I would have known it would take 6weeks to ship, also there is no dhl option from there website.

4 Likes

Well I ordered 50 times this year and had no problems even during the holidays, the holidays only added a day or two to ship out the order
Plus ~10 days ago Arjan tols me that the most of their staff is back, but they still have some backlog
I guess your just unlucky

1 Like