NKON Nickel quality issues *Solved 04/09/19*

Every time I ordered from ru.nkon,nl, mine have always went to Germany very promptly, and sat there for anywhere from 1 - 60 days before shipping to the USA.

1 Like

Mine too. I think they ship in bulk from there, so it depends if your arrive just before they sent a big parcel out or if your just came first and they wait other orders before they ship it.
I had two orders with only 20cells and they came all in 10day to Russia. The order with 100cells took 6weeks.

I often ship stuff to the US with DHL, sometimes it arrives after a week and sometimes it ends up sitting in germany for a few weeks like you said… its not very pleasant when they indicate 8 shipping days to the US…

I think the topic is getting lost in translation. Yes we all know how good they have been in the past but right now its a lottery so lets wait till we see what Arjan comes up with to remedy the situation. Its in the title brothers.

3 Likes

Yes, and how long do we wait for inaction? I never adopt this strategy unless I have a cutoff date.

Waiting for a response until 2019 September 01?

1 Like

You don’t wait Brian. You buy from someone else till you know. Take nkon off the table till you know.

2 Likes

Excellent plan. I guess the thread title really does tell all.

3 Likes

The only plan. No point in labouring a point when all you have to do is not buy from them anymore. Simples.

Trust is earnt. Can easily be lost too. Hopefully Arjan as one of our most trusted vendors can sort it out. Till then its not worth the risk.

4 Likes

In theory nickel has a higher resistance so more current will pass down thro in to the cell instead of along the Nickle creating a better weld.

1 Like

Just for fun here is the nkon strip after 24 hours in the drink. No point continuing this anymore but I thought I would leave it overnight

12 Likes

Etch some of his comments in rust and send it back for a refund.

1 Like

mate, until and unless you drink that water, we will not know for sure.

11 Likes

He must drink it and have his urine examined in a mass spectrometer for isoptopes of iron impurities. It’s the only way to know for sure. This could just be pure nickel that’s leaking rust.

13 Likes

This thread is just like Chernobyl IMDB rating. 9.5 stars out of 10.

9 Likes

@Style Dude you have the best avatar on the whole site :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks brother, the moment I found it on Google felt very good!

You can disassble them? Its tricky but def. doable. Trick is to only pull on one weld spot at a time

1 Like

Removing nickel welds is very easy, removing steel welds is the worst.

3 Likes

Lol, taking the nickel off takes a good pair of pliers and lots of force. And then the dremel/cleaning work so time consuming … #IHATEIT

6 Likes

removing nickel only requires plato 170 and a dremel.

1 Like