NGV claiming 68mph/112kph

Hey Moe my offer is still open to your WA rider to catch up and exchange experience. Like I said to Rayne, its not about who is quicker for me its just the love of what we do.

Respect :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I would pay to see that…

1 Like

Apologies City-Blade potentially saw negativity in your comment on the other thread.

When the Stealth was released three years ago the guys at Nextboards where more than happy to respond but repeated trolling I expect returned their interests to Next Generation Vehicles. Nextboards is a side interest to NGV I believe. I was in contact with Nextboards back in 2014 and followed the development of what has become the Nextboard Stealth.
The rectification of the delamination of the wheel is a patient trade secret of another industry, the controllers electronics are also aviation grade. Its a shame that no DIY parts use the same quality.
As for the batteries I run 2 x 200wh LiPos and coupled with the programmable power curve it provides a potential of up to 140kmh. I don’t believe we will see much more than 120khm in the industry as there comes a point with all board designs.
But maybe Moe or Rayne will prove me wrong, slotting these hubs on Moe’s gear would be epic.
:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Im also curious as to any other board or component suppliers that use aviation grade electronics. The increased lifespan and minimal failure rates eclipse standard issue electronics.

I haven’t ever seen logged data about failures in masses of components so it’s hard to really know how to compare them. VESC’s and anti spark switches have been common failures in the past but in different capacities. I’m thinking of speed controllers, remotes, antisparks, and telemetry items which are the majority of electric components in esk8 (and batts of course). We have mostly used VESC based controllers for their accessibility and modularity for most setups.

Do you have suggestions for electrical parts we could be using instead or in this fashion that are more suited to the task most of us use them for? There’s always room for improvement and I’d love to see more things we can work with for these!

IDK, “aircraft grade” is such a buzzword and so is “hobby parts” in my opinion. It’s just a component that either works for the job or doesn’t.

cough “gaming” cough

7 Likes

Try “military grade”. For some reason, many think it means bulletproof. Veterans think it means “made by the lowest bidder.”

11 Likes

Im ex Saab, aviation and military electronics are the same grade.

B2 license holder or not?

If memory serves correct NGV uses the Flier ground esc. Was an RC air programmed for ground function.

3 Likes

Look to Cessna aircraft, its amazing how much instrumentation has changed and become electric. :wink:

I am very certain saw a guy down at Optus Stadium in Perth, Australia, with that board and he was talking about doing some speed record thing on it, and it looked very very fast he did one run on it, apparently, the battery lasts 5mins and if it goes flat while you’re on it, the wheels lock up.

3 Likes

Is it using field-weakening to increase the top speeds?

That would most certainly be @Jezzalinko as he’s from Perth and it’s the only one over here I’m aware of. I saw him once in same area but he was gone by the time I tried to run over (was at the Camfield with my family haha).

4 Likes

Hahaha that was me and no the batteries go alot longer than 5 minutes, when we bumped into you guys we were on the back of a 30 minute commute.:joy:
The WR attempt was cancelled five days prior to my run because a member of the public made an official complaint to the private company that manages the Perth International Airport. They canned the event based on the potential for negative and unwanted publicity. As a result no attempts can be made in the future of this nature. This was after the 20k insurance policy was paid and I haemorrhaged alot of money as a result.
And when the battery goes flat you hear it starving the motors along with the audible LV alarm, the board goes into freewheel with the resistance of the hubs which is comparable to a belt board.

Ah this sucks :sleepy:. Need a long stretch of bitumen on private property somewhere. Probably nothing straight and/or long enough exists in Perth though. I’m sure you’ve already looked.

3 Likes