Next-gen Lithium Batteries

Stumbled across this yesterday. If the results are peer reviewed and reproducible, this could be a huge leap for EVs. Thoughts? Is this still pie in the sky?

1 Like

every few years there is a new game changer battery tech announced, then 10 years goes by still no prototype in sight. i already lost hope on that :face_exhaling:

8 Likes

looks kinda cool, but it’s so vauge that it just seems like a pie in the sky. doubt anything will come from it anytime soon.

1 Like

Making high energy density batteries that can charge fast is “easy”

Doing in a way that allows for cheap and fast production into the GWh and TWh range isn’t

2 Likes

These “new groundbreaking revolutionary battery technology discovered” articles are popping out every month.

2 Likes

Just wait for solid state, and when I say wait I mean check back in 10 years

1 Like

I think the current climate and ev agenda will force people to stop blowing VC money and get out a working product. EVs and renewables becoming mandated means batteries are only going to get more important. Toyota is claiming they will have a solid state hybrid on the road in 2 years, Toyota seems to be more trustworthy than Tesla making a claim like that but I still see that as a super far fetched claim, maybe just a super small battery for a mild hybrid system but at that point why even bother? Toyota is still using nimh packs, skipping liion and hopping straight to solid state when they are releasing new global architectures with nimh packs in 2023 with the Tnga-T platform seems far fetched.

1 Like

“Better batteries are only 10 years away”

-every EV enthusiast for the past 100 years.

1 Like