Newbee vs Landsurf wheels and Xcell vs Metroboard Tires

Has anyone tried the Metroboard 200mm tires? How are they?

I ended up ordering Meepo 165x65 tires since you can apparently order them by themselves now

2 Likes

I’m like 99% sure they are just the standard Clever 8 inch 200x50 with maybe a metroboard logo stamped on them.

If that is what they are Clevers and Kenda 909s all kind fall in the same boat for me. As Okay. Nothing to go crazy over they get the job done.

1 Like

Got it, thanks. Is there something else you’d recommend besides the clevers and kendas?

In the 200x50 range? Well what is your use case?

I dont have any strong feelings between much of the 200x50mm brands.

Ill buy Innova, Kenda and Clever for 200x50 street usage depending on whatever is cheapest.

200x50 or 200x75. Trying to find a smooth rolling 8” tire for an existing street build (longboard). Something that doesn’t wobble much is ideal.

1 Like

Wobble would have to do more with blancing your wheels imo. Not that you cant get a bad batch thats wobbly no matter what you do but for 200x50 all these are good.

I use xcell rs for wider tires ( out of stock and no eta when they will be back as far as i know. )

200x75 i think most people use the Qind or some variety of them.

2 Likes

@luastoned was it tough to get the xcells mounted on the impalers? I’ve heard the bead rim is significantly smaller than most other tires. Did you have to trim them or anything?

Not too bad to be honest, if you have quick grip clamps it’s super easy.

1 Like