Newbee vs Landsurf wheels and Xcell vs Metroboard Tires

Newbee vs Landsurf wheels and Xcell vs Metroboard Tires

I am eyeing the 1) Newbee Pentagram/Impaler and 2) Landsurf Xcell RS1/XT/Spyder XT/Valken XT for the 1) Xcell RS 165mm tires or 2) Metroboard 155mm/200mm tires

What are the recommended combos here? Any favorites? I see that Xcell has a flatter profile; Metroboards is more rounded.

Any other great Alu wheels out there that people prefer?

These are unobtainium. Last I heard, I think the new ones will be labeled Metroboard 153mm whenever/if they are released, to differentiate between old and new versions.

1 Like

Both those tires are unobtainable at this point in time

1 Like

Both of those tires are not currently available, but will likely be available in a few months.

Metroboards will probably be comfier ride, but wear faster. The Xcell tires last forever, but are racing tires, not comfort tires. Both will work great with either rim.

I just bought newbee pentagrams because they are way cheaper than xcell rims, wider, and the owner of landsurf seems like someone I’d prefer not to give my money to.

5 Likes

Sounds like these are super available.

2 Likes

:question:
define “these”

1 Like

I think that was sarcasm.

2 Likes

meepo cyclone racing tire

7 Likes

Exhausted question I know, but will these fit on haggys rims??

1 Like

No, all tires in this thread are 3.75" standard. Only 6x2, maybe hoyt wheels would fit haggy rims?

1 Like

Sorry, mistake.

They’re not unobtainium if you have lighting fast fingers.

Looks like just one set :rofl:

edit: nevermind; they gone

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh. I don’t even have any of em. Just have a friend that’s using them and is hella frustrated with the popped tubes. Not about to derail, I can enquire in the noob thread.
Thanks for the answer tho.

1 Like

I am quite happy with xcells on newbee impaler hubs:

7 Likes

How do you access the valve stem?

2 Likes

On the front it’s easy, on the rear I have to take the wheel off.
If a tube decides to go I have to take it off anyway, so I went for looks over changing pressure.

4 Likes

Did we ever determine if the Metroboard tires will work on Newbee hubs?

Edit:
Metroboard responded to me and said no, based on Newbees description regarding fitment. However id still like to see it tried…:smirk:

1 Like

New metroboard 153 tires should be available on 10-14 weeks

Theyre not available already? Their site doesnt say its a pre order.

1 Like

Days

1 Like

Heh, i was tired. But yes ur right

1 Like