Newbee 3links style truck

Probably a couple weeks. Around new year it was around 3 weeks. I have a new set of 4GS on the way and I’m just having it all sent together

6 Likes

Around 24th, this month

6 Likes

I did analysis on cad, it was showing solid as mymountain board truck…but personally i don’t think it is accurate enough, due different treatments and steel.

i been seeking new material for the axles, the new triplelinks is going to use completely new type of steel for manufacturing the axles.

10 Likes

Could I request a tunnel riser version? :face_holding_back_tears:

Sure. How tall would you like it and approx how large of a tunnel?

1 Like

Here are a couple quick ones I made. Both are 10mm tall. Included are the .step files so you can chop them up as you please!

Triplelinks 10mm Tunnel Riser.step (71.5 KB)
Triplelinks 10mm Tunnel Riser.stl (270.9 KB)
Triplelinks 10mm Y Riser.step (96.2 KB)
Triplelinks 10mm Y Riser.stl (572.4 KB)

14 Likes

Question. Would there be a benefit to just replacing my front trucks with 3link?

4 Likes

IIRC @PedroMcJimenez ran a mixed set of trucks like this.

2 Likes

Imo, the front truck is 80%+ of ride feel, rear is tour rudder.
I currently srb HD up front spaced out to be slightly narrower than the bn220 rear.
Ill flipflop from that and a savage tkp up there occasionally.
Imo its a good way to test the waters b4 diving in the deep end and replacing the while drivetrain.

6 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Probably getting a set and change the front of both thane and pneumatic board before real commitment and new build.

5 Likes

Thane on 3links is quite fun.
Holding high speeds was too easy that I delammed quite a few.

5 Likes

I think I got it to where I want it feels right for a trampa style deck. Turning radius is :fire:

4 Likes

15 Likes

You might want to double check with Ean to make sure the angle you have the truck sets are going to work with mountain board geometry.

yea i was about to say the exact thing looks kinda unstable or very loose for sure id say!

1 Like

It might be a trick of the pictures, but it looks like you have steeper radius rod angles in the back than the front. You probably want the back flattened out a bit, and the front a bit steeper. Looking like a super fun build. Can’t wait to hear how it rides!

4 Likes

That’ll turn like a pallet jack

3 Likes

Got to get my board out today for the first time and I am really liking these so far. Not many miles on them yet, but first impressions are very easy to ride, turn, and stable. I have my front set at 30°, rear (reverse mounted) at 24°. 90A and 87A fat cones. Can u-turn in the street. Great first impressions @Ean.esk8

12 Likes

This can’t be right. The back looks steeper than the front for sure. The front looks like it can’t be much more than 10°.

Am I misunderstanding what’s going?

2 Likes

I think it’s the angle the photos were taken at. Based on Ethan’s diagram it does look like 30/24.

2 Likes