Newbee 3links style truck

oh the ones i got from you are great btw.

just waiting for the powertrain to ship this week (fingers crossed) to actually put it to use and make the build thread

5 Likes

That is, they fit. That’s great :grinning:

2 Likes

also got some smaller wheel pulleys than originally intended so i can run the idlers. never run them before so i’m looking forward to see how they work

Haha not your fault. No one was expecting newbee to come out with a new hanger so quickly lol. Such is life on the bleeding edge.

@IDEA how much would a set of 22x22 clamps cost me if I already have the rest of the rkp mounts of yours?

2 Likes

@IDEA I second this, could use the 22 x 22 clamps to go along with the BN ones that you sent recently.

I’m not sure if the 22x22 hangers will fit these engine mounts, it’s a matter of whether the hanger will fit the 28mm round hole

I have mounts for Matrix III with 22x22 clamps, but it’s a different type of mount, bigger and thicker.

I don’t want to litter the “Newbee 3links style truck” thread with information about my parts so I refer you to my thread about motor mounts

4 Likes

Will there still be a 12mm version available?

What’s the height of the clamps and belt plate?

I will stock some 10*28mm bearing, so it could fit off road hubs.

3 Likes

I do not know what is it.

Dimensions of clamps depending on the motor mounting version: 50x12mm (diameter, thickness) and 58x15mm

1 Like

@brgraham @jack.luis

I checked. The hangers should fit in a 28mm hole. I can make clamping rings for your motor mounts

Ring NewBee

Wieszak NewBee

Price for 2 clamps is $26 but shipping cost is $40 by Fedex or $20 by post office as registered mail (no insurance)

4 Likes

I have added on the site the possibility to buy clamping rings without motor plates, so if anyone has my motor mounts, you can order 22x22 clamps.

Clamping rings – eFreedom
Motor Mounts for RKP Trucks (60-68) – eFreedom
Motor Mounts for RKP Trucks – eFreedom

9 Likes

Hey @Ean.esk8 can you give us some details on the vetting process you’ve gone through on these trucks? What kind of testing has been done? Did you do any CAD force analysis?

5 Likes

Thats an awfully inconsistent nitpicking of products. I doubt the actual SRB 3 links have had CAD utilized much at all, much less FEA :thinking:

And i dont see you making the same inquiries on any other trucks or products either

4 Likes

I generally would agree but Jackson has a history of asking the safety questions:

https://forum.esk8.news/t/xenith-i-s-is-not-crap-and-there-i-s-n-o-is-a-warranty/48675/174

11 Likes

I suspect after having multiple incidents with trucks failing, most recently trampa truck axles falling out and another bending, it’s genuine concern.

6 Likes

200w (2)

Worth pointing out that as Jackson is one of the backers of the beta batch, he is well within his rights to be inquiring about the testing

10 Likes

He would have bought them out of spite if they were CNC ramen

2 Likes

Omg I feel like a celebrity :rofl:

Anyways I asked because something reminded me about the vetting of trucks

2 Likes

I’m interested in the vetting as well. The other trucks at this point has had many hours of riding, but what about these trucks.

Im particularly interested in the strength of how the hangar is assembled. Seems like a potential point of failure to me since it’s not one solid piece.

2 Likes