Newb getting the shopping list together

No dude. Hahaha

He should get some TB 6’s, Xenith or better. Flipsky is a crapshoot and we all know it. :wink:

2 Likes

Our boy @BenjaminF Can get you squared away with a battery here in Portland. No worries about that.

2 Likes

It’s a crap shoot if they arrive dead, if it works it works though. I used one for hundreds of miles, my only gripe was the form factor

1 Like

I get what you’re saying. But FS isn’t a brand I’d ever recommend considering the history. He want’s known good products so he can do it right the first time and not deal with the bs later is all I’m saying. FS isn’t the one.

3 Likes

That’s a very fair point, if he’s got enough room in the budget something reliable would be nice. But I’m not sure there at enough TB6s out to be reliable, I thought they were iffy not too long ago (I haven’t tracked them since then though)

1 Like

I can only speak on my tb 6’s. I’m impressed to say the least. 1000 miles or more on them now maybe? Not one hiccup. Troopers for sure. But any esc depending on the system can be iffy in a way so to speak.

Might even be worth springing for the ubox. It’s got the upgradability headroom for future higher power builds, hasn’t had any major issues, and comes with a pretty decent remote.

2 Likes

Lol I don’t think I’ve gone that far on a single ESC yet

1 Like

2 Likes

100% agree with Brian, look for an enclosure next

If you need help, a flat picture of the bottom of the deck with a tape measure along it would allow us to find you some enclosure options.

2 Likes

I second this, also @BenjaminF is ur local battery builder if u need awesome battery built by a pro

8 Likes

was just abt to say this, Andrew and Benjamin are up in Portland with Hoyt as well I believe

2 Likes

Fantastic I’ve seen him around the forums didn’t realize he was a local that’s great I’ll be looking into him

After doing some more digging I think I’d rather just buy a new board and an enclosure that’s made for it and not screw around. Been looking at trampa boards but don’t know of many other options as I’m new to the diy side

This is like building my first pc years ago, and that’s a cake walk now. Lol I don’t even know the popular manufacturers for all this stuff or what’s available haha

2 Likes

I think that’s an excellent idea. I wish I had done this for my first build rather than trying to do the enclosure last and figuring “I’ll make it work” :joy: (spoiler alert: I didnt make it work)

I fucking loved my hummie deck. @Anubis sells them for a very reasonable price in the UK as well as selling A+ enclosures made by @BigBen , or you can contact @hummieee and see if he has any available in the US (though you’ll still have to source an enclosure, i recommend @BigBen).

Another option is @eBoosted. Alan sells great enclosures and sometimes has deck combos for sale. You can hit him up to see what he’s got.

Whatever you decide on, I can make a kick ass battery for it :slightly_smiling_face: feel free to message me and we can plan your build out to make sure youre buying a deck and enclosure that can fit the battery you want :metal:

9 Likes

@BenjaminF very informative thank you

1 Like

This :arrow_up:, times ten

I could say the same sentence and be 100% accurate.

3 Likes

I mean you don’t /need/ an enclosure

3 Likes

I rode my fucking cardboard monstrosity for three months before I came to my senses :joy:

6 Likes

Lol you have a Backfire?

3 Likes

Hell yeah dude. Ranger X1. I pre-ordered that shit :joy:

It is actually a pretty sweet pre-built. I commuted through a whole Portland winter and spring on that, and it’s the only board that I still have after I purged my esk8 hoard last fall.

All of the stuff in that picture is sold, except the backfire hahaha

2 Likes