New Update on Gathering ideas for parts

So, here is my deal. I am doing very well at doing research and slowly building on my knowledge of the world of DIY boards. My few questions, does a Flipsky 6.6 dual vesc support the Maytech motors or does it matter at all? Will the Maytech motors fit on the Haggy truck mounts?

I’m trying my best to build knowledge but I figured the best way possible for me to learn is to combine my research with other knowledge to better myself in this process.

-38 inch Killshot deck
-Killshot battery 10s5p 30q or maybe the 12s4p
-Killshot enclosure
-Haggy trucks and motor mounts
-Haggy wheel pulleys and belts
-6374 190kv Maytech motors plus pulley-
-Abec 107s
-Flipsky vesc 6.6
-Flipsky V2.4 remote

I want to recreate this board in my own way: I love the look and everything about it

4 Likes

Can you fit haggy wheels on a 38 killshot?

It’ll be a nice ride. I have nothing bad to say about flipsky and currently run one, but I’d recommend getting two neobox v4 or v6 by @jeffwuneo

3 Likes

I feel like flipsky reviews have been maybe 50/50 so it’s hard to say how much is new user error vs actual hardware problems but feel like they may have done some things with the CAN connection that have messed things up for people and other issues, personally run single drive setups but like the idea of independent ESC PCBs for replacement purposes etc. and just small trade off in space. Just my two cents. The maytech motors also seem to be not super awesome from what I’ve heard in general they look like nice builds though

2 Likes

for singles what do you recommend running?

Neobox is upcoming and seems well done and lots of direct community response but is still in dev I think or getting testing so would have to wait. The best quality I think out is probably from trampa boards, best deal is probably from torqueboards (diyelectricskateboard.com) but some limits on that before the DRV chip tends to blow so would just check into that. Long story short keep under 60k erpm or around 8500 motor RPM and should be pretty safe and 10S is safer voltage for it than 12S or higher.

I’ve personally run sk3 6374 149kv from turnigy (beefy) and the esk8 one from hobby king (this one is sort of weak IMO) and a 6374 from TB/diyesk8.

3 Likes

What’s the issue with the maytechs? Assuming we are talking about the sealed cans. The 6374s have additional can support, higher amp ratings etc then every other motor.
I haven’t used one, but I think if you’re in the $90 motor category, they’re worth springing for. If not the $60 flipskys aren’t much different than what’s selling at 90 IMO.

As far as flipsky, I dunno. There’s a lot of general dislike without direct experience. I had an antispark dead on arrival and their customer service has jerked me around for 3 months trying to claim it was some other components on the boards fault. Despite removing it immediately and haven’t had a replication of the issue, in 3 months. That’s still on going.
I haves DRV error that’s new on a 4.2 vesc from them and I have a new 6.6 dual plus in a box waiting for a build.

As far as reliability, I think a lot of users have success. Customer service isn’t great

1 Like

I haven’t run them but just saw that @drone001 had one falling apart on him with magnets scraping but they may make different tiers of quality my experience is pretty much 0 just hearsay from around the forum and seeing issues come up, might just be a case of big seller gets lots of negative attention. On flipside have had good customer support experience with Dexter/diy and he’s around.

2 Likes

Also, it’s worth mentioning and I think waffle would agree. If this is your first e-board you’re building a monster.
A 60 amp cable battery, 6374s and 107s will haul ass. It will be hard to grow out of, but ease into that power with conservative settings when you get everything. Just because that battery can output 100 amps at 20ea 5p, doesn’t mean you should. Set those batt amps at 20-25 per side and motors at 40. Remote modes typically don’t function great. Better to tune conservatively.

3 Likes

Haha haul ass… like how fast? I currently own a boosted stealth with modifications but am looking to divert myself to the DIY community. currently board is sitting at 30mph but its a stealth ya know, its not the most stable board on the market by far. but hey I figured I miseducating well build a beast.

might as well*

Top speed will be determined by your gearing. That board will be powerful. As in toss you off powerful. Gonna make the boosted stealth feel silly, especially about 15 mph

2 Likes

haha I love it! I am a little speed demon myself so I’m up for the challenge.

Yup look in the orange bar at the top of the forum for the calc but conservative amp settings will help from falling on your butt from board accelerating out from under you :smiley:

1 Like

Coming from an electric you’ll have some idea of what to prepare for but better to build up than mess yourself up. Also when doing a dual build you are going to have to deal with some decisions on how to communicate signal and extra connections etc. so might be good to build it as a single drive with the ability to upgrade to dual once you have the single drive setup solid.

1 Like

I will defiantly have to learn more about this because yes I obviously want to avoid eating shit at all costs. Im very new to the DIY like I mentioned above, so you all would recommend neobox for VESC? TRAMPA is kinda out of the budget… lol… I see torque boards is also coming out with a new vesc. I would try to get my hands on a Focbox but I know they are tough to find and im unsure on what their price is

1 Like

All the right questions hehe I don’t have any answers :smiley:

1 Like

yea. That power can slide wheels in turns, flick the board out from under you at speed.

It’ll be fun. And it’s not a bad idea. Be conservative with the settings.

1 Like

10s5p 30q all I need though correct.

Unless you’re ready to buy tonight, I’d get the vesc last. Neobox is in testers hands I believe as is the TB units. Wait if you can. Buy everything else first.

Big amps and power costs money. Cheap electronics won’t last, don’t make that your vesc. Maytechs are rated for big power and have a price tag to go with it.

2 Likes