New remote with 1.5 inch RGB OLED 128 x 128

I agree that side display looks better. It really isn’t that bad to look. The Firefly nano case has enough room for wires and all atm. I would keep the usb port that way. Super useful, USB C is not so easy I think cause it needs certain voltage negotiation boards and all (or did it default to something?).

Lol, it really depends on the police officer, some are easy on you, others confiscate the thing and you end up with a 400 euro fine.

I have a police mode, basically endless mode, sorta. I explained it here: So.... Endless ride, how we doing?

I had the idea of switching to police mode when you come to a stop and release the trigger, and having to unlock normal mode again in the menu.

Wouldn’t do voice commands, guess that kind of things work like shit.

1 Like

Agree :slight_smile:
Is there an ESP 32 Lora without display or not ^^?
With the display it could be rough to fit in when we don’t use the built in display.

1 Like

Well, I know one thing, you can rip the display off pretty easily if you unscrew it.

1 Like

Bad boy :crazy_face::smirk::joy:

1 Like

Quick update: ordered some displays to see what fits best :slight_smile:

Hey! just catching up on this thread now, I love watching the development of new esk8 toys! I’m excited to see what you come up with (moar pics, lol)

One thin that has concerned me about the Firefly a while back when deciding whether to try one out is the reports of interference

There’s so much interference on my commute, it’s crazy, so this a primary concern for me. Sadly, I don’t have much to offer the project besides a board and a route past a cluster of Navy, Coast Guard, Harbor Police and Airport radio towers.

following with interest

1 Like

I don’t know why, but I need this:
#Aliexpress € 17,49 5%OFF | GROW K202+R502-A DC12V Low Power Consumption Fingerprint Access Control Board+R502-A Small Ring LED Fingerprint Module

This must be the startup logo, no discussion! 33x58

2 Likes

What God really did on the 7th day:
God was aware that the human species needed a leader. And so God made the Llama and it was good. The Llama had fluffy wool all around it’s body. And God spoke: This is my last creation. It broadcasts strength, courage and coolness.
One day, humanity will get behind, how mighty the Llamas are and they will worship them as their new God. God will live in those Llamas.
Amen.

1 Like

1 Like

What a rough day… This display has so bad documentation… But I think i got it now :slight_smile:
Will do more tomorrow. I’m happy about the brightness and overall quality and my first trial of course

1 Like

Hustling

3 Likes

Still needing a nicer looking font :slight_smile:

Still working hard :slight_smile:

Got a standard monitoring screen.
Now it’s time to clean my code up a little before I start adding more features.
I thought about graph modes where you can monitor your temp, power draw etc if you need it some day. A rotary encoder allows you to switch display modes by pushing it or so. It has a throttle bar, but I think I’ll add one for battery level too, maybe even velocity.
This display is so fluid, contrast rich and just perfect!

2 Likes

sounds like this is coming along!
it will be cool to see it in action :+1:

1 Like

@Jamie42
Oppinion?

Blue is throttle and orange speed. Colors will be easy to adjust if needed. Added a compass for fun :slight_smile: the small color box next to the battery level adjusts color to battery percentage :slight_smile:
From 100% to 0% it changes hue from green to red

5 Likes

Looks good! Wouldn’t use the hue for the color box though, you get some very ugly looking colors when you fade that from 0-100. Would just make a list of colors to go through.

1 Like

@Jamie
It is non linear :slight_smile:
Goes from green to red over yellow currently.
Since color from 0-255 changes from 0-10 more than from 245-255 I have taken this into account

But I could toss it and instead use the space under the compass for a third bar like this:
QTjPQ

You think that’s better?

Also, I’m still missing the options menu and I don’t know what settings there are etc :sweat_smile::slightly_frowning_face:
Could you help me out?

1 Like

Ahh okay!

I will pm you with the settings later, currently at work lol.

1 Like