New metroboard possible faulty charger?

Don’t stick multimeter prongs in charge ports. Ever.

2 Likes

First, that charger is complete poop and is definitely not the one that came with the skate. Those cheap chargers frequently fail in short order. It’s very likely that it just happened to fail on the ride to your home.

Does it say 42V on the bottom? Is it even the right charger? These questions need to be answered FIRST. If it’s not a 42.0V charger, do NOT plug it into that skate any more.

Second, I would contact the seller and ask them where the original Metroboard charger is, because those are ten times better than this garbage Aliexpress charger.

2 Likes

If you want to buy a charger, I have some I could sell but it’s probably better to ask the seller where the Metroboard charger is. They look like this:

2 Likes

It is not the correct charger, Metroboard support pointed that out immediately. Reached out to the seller this morning, waiting for a reply on that front, he had a few other toys in his garage so i’m betting he “lost” the original. I would be interested in one of those , what version are they ampwise?

2 Likes

The only time i ever got a spark when plugging in my charger was when I plugged my charger into my board before plugging it into the wall. @Looper If you did this (even once) its possible you toasted that cheap charger.

I have never had to switch my board on while charging. On or off has made no difference.

1 Like

this now makes 100% sense… thanks brother

1 Like

should… it make a difference, if the board is off, and the charger off, and she still makes sparks on initial insertion?

only 1 board does it… all different BMS. all different chargers

Hey man, I would definitely be interested in the charger. The guys saying he doesn’t have it, haven’t been able to ride the board for about a week now.

1 Like

What country are you in?

US.

PMd​