New Maytech “R2” updated receiver and capabilities

I outsource my googling to people who have the patience for it.

2 Likes

Doesn’t say but I think if you contact Maytech they would give you the final answer. If it works at all I think you’d need to update the firmware?

1 Like

@Agnes_Maytech :grin:

Hi Louis, I have sent you message of the V1 remote manual, please check.

1 Like

@fastrider curious on you experience with this now that you’ve had it for a bit? any issues on your end?

No issues whatsoever. Still haven’t whipped out the RF explorer to measure actual signal strength but I was able to walk all around the house (thick 60cm+ brick/concrete walls) without losing connection, with the receiver being in the carbon fiber enclosure. Haven’t ridden my build yet so I can’t say anything about interference but so far it’s looking real good.

EDIT: Also using UART is pretty cool, having the temps of the ESC and motors, voltages and amperages on the remotes display. All the good stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds curios to me. When did you buy it and do you have UART with the latest VESC version?

I ordered end of March/beginning of April. I have used it with 3.62, 5.0, 5.1 and now 3.65, UART data was working on all versions.

1 Like

Sounds great, need to order one by myself.

2 Likes

I did unsolder all 13 2.54 pins and soldered a cable with jst-ph connector directly to the PCB (5v, GND, TX and RX) so it isn’t as bulky. I wish they would make a version of the receiver without the relay on it as well, makes the PCB huge in comparison to every other receiver.

Nice! what’s your location? I noticed much improved signal strength but I had issues in areas with high interference. Have you done any testing/riding in areas like that?

Not yet but I will next week when I have time! I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll dust mine off again if you have some good results there.

I talked with MT about the receiver and they answered me:

Hi Christian,

I see, you meant this. Yes, the UART communication was updated last year (we talked before).
But progcard is not produced in bulk because of corona virus. Our current main projects are VESC based controllers, 300A 60V anti-spark switches, and some OEM projects.
The progcard is on hold. But for new orders, it will come with the new firmware.

Thanks and Regards,
Eileen Lu

They also told me that they can’t deliver the progcard right now nor have an ETA.
What do they mean by the progcard? The updated receiver?

So in the manual there is a little programming device displayed. I believe that is what Eileen is referencing I have no idea what variables you’d tune with it tho.

I just asked, if they updated the receiver. She said no, but send me then this mail. It would be great if we could use no the UART data on the never VESC versions and don’t loose frequently the signal. Still have scarves on my feet from a crash during a signal loss though.

Does she mean the USB-TTL maybe? You could get that anywhere, but they even write that in the manual. No idea what else she would mean.

Possible. How does an update over this TTL look like?

It’s nothing more than a serial port / usb converter. You’d still need the software and a firmware to rewrite the receiver.

So there is no possibility I can get a more stable signal and the UART data out of my RC. Too bad.