New Lorentz Board , a Lonestar killer.

Are you saying I need to check who is making posts about Lorentz? I think I would need to be a pre-cog like from Minority Report to do that haha, but I wouldn’t. People can post whatever they want. I’m glad OP is excited about the board and our 7 day max shipping :sweat_smile:

I actually think that’s pretty good for boards in this price segment, even if it’s not the first, fourth, or tenth thing I typically highlight in my marketing :smile:

2 Likes

Yes if you think this post on the forum has an effect on the brand, if not laugh and move on…its a small piece of the pie here…defiantly one of your 80s.

You will get a great critique of your design.

1 Like

Thanks bud! My friend and fellow rider made it here with me in DC. It was a lot of fun to make and I learned a lot about film production.

1 Like

This is…an odd take. Why would I need to dig into who it was that popped onto the forum and laid down an ill-advised post? If anything, you should contact OP and educate them on properly representing the brand on the forum.

No but it would be mighty helpful to have a proper introduction thread instead of whatever this is.

3 Likes

The OP didn’t ‘advise’ anyone. He just showed some unbridled enthusiasm. How well placed that enthusiasm is, is irrelevant. To start poking fun, memeing, and etc, only inhibits people. Do you really want to be the source of someones elses inhibition? Not everyone thinks like you. OP isn’t associated with the brand, if you read his post history you’d know that.

1 Like

We can’t help it, it’s just the way we are.

1 Like

Yes I did, I know he is in DCESK8 and so are you so there is obviously a reason why he would be shilling for you if this company recruited multiple people from the same group.

Is this the type of post I think a brand manager or someone else with an affiliation with the brand would be behind?
Yes

Yeah, that’s pretty much your job as brand manager, you should have stepped in before this went off the rails and made it clear you had no affiliation with him before this happened.

This could have been your response at the beginning of this thread:
“Glad you’re excited for the new board mate, we’ve been working hard on developing this. Here are some specs and more info for anyone else interested insert info here

Reading Chris’s post history there is no mention of Lorentz until 10 hours ago so that doesn’t really mean all that much.

4 Likes

Even if they were associated with the brand, I see no reason to turn their efforts into a form of cheap entertainment. I find it somewhat surprising that people don’t have something more constructive to do with their time. If people are going to start accusing others of brand shilling they should at least check the users post history first. Imagine the potential confusion you might have if you were accused of brand shilling, and yet you were totally innocent. To be fair, I don’t think this post has gone ‘off the rails’. None of this is a big deal, and this forum barely has any rails anyhow.

1 Like

Are you telling me ive been doing it wrong this whole time?

1 Like

Wait seriously? They’re in DCESK8? Even I didn’t know that. I honestly don’t know who this person is.

And when I say diligence, that may not apply to everyone, but there are enough people in this thread including Bill that are aware but assumed the worst about me and how I conduct myself. That feels unfair to me.

1 Like

I just went through OPs post history. I can’t find anything tying them to DCESK8. It’s possible I missed something, but if there is I would like a link to it. I don’t mean that in a jerk way - I just dont see it.

Over the years I’ve become one of the leaders of DCESK8, if not of the most active leaders in the group. I only say that to note I basically know everyone that has come to the group with any kind of regularity in the last three years and I don’t know anyone with an Ecomobl…well, anything anymore but definitely not an M24.

I admit…I don’t come to this forum with regularity. I love DIY and still do it, but I mostly come here to look at the pictures thread, Raphael’s thread, and maybe if anything else interesting pops up from time to time. Perhaps I should setup a better Google alert - but chasing after every overzealous fan of your product doesn’t feel like something that will be sustainable.

I ended up seeing the thread today and was surprised some folks I semi-regularly interact with online were participating and assuming the worst. Better that I come in here and address it today than not at all.

So…I’ll monitor this forum a bit better. I still don’t know OP.

And lastly:

I’m glad folks are excited about this board. We are looking to offer something with performance comparable to high-end esk8 and DIY, but with an ease of use of production boards. Some cool specs include:
-7280 motors rated for 5,500 watts each! (Zomg)

• Our all-hardened-steel helical gear drive (brrr)
  • lasers. LAAASERSSSS

For more info, please see LorentzBoards.com

You’re going to make a Brand Manager out of me yet!

4 Likes
  1. Fairly unknown person makes a post claiming a new and not well-known board is a Kaly killer. Looks all the world like a typical shill post from a new brand.

2. Forum reacts as it always does and points out the lameness of the post. This has occured countless times over the years.

3. Actual brand manager comes in and, instead of getting the post back on track, gets panties in a bunch. If said brand manager was doing their job, they would share Lorentz facts and support instead of taking things personally.

4. The loser in all this is the Lorentz brand. I still have no idea what they stand for.

6 Likes

While I was writing my post, said brand manager did just that. :clap:

3 Likes

What ESC is this?

ESC: Custom 14S 58.8V 130A FOC ESC - 2.4G Wireless & Bluetooth

Hobbywing? VESC? Any PCB pics?

2 Likes

Honestly, there’s a lot of validity in this. I’ll fully admit - I let the part where I felt my character was being attacked get to me, but I should have thicker skin than that. Not the first time and won’t be the last time.

Lots of aspects about taking on this job are new to me and I honestly, sincerely appreciate your response.

7 Likes

Let me clear this up: I know you from a few different communication channels, and I’ve always been a fan. So if you feel I attacked your character, please accept my apologies.

2 Likes

It’s cool. That’s on me and if I am to take your advice, I should steer this back on Lorentz even if this thread got us all started on the wrong foot.

It’s our own ESC and it is not VESC based. I know! That’s not a favorite answer here, but the goal is to provide a choice for customers in the high-end market an option that does not require knowledge of VESC.

The board/company has been in development about two years, though my tenure hasn’t spanned that time. During that time, we aquired the ESC tech used in this board and developed it further in house to give it the capability it has today which is that it’s actually rated for up to 18s. (Edit: The ESC in the boards is not rated for 18s. It is a 14s ESC)

With our model to not be pushing the limits like we do in DIY, it was decided to release a 14s board. I don’t have a PCB photo at hand just this minute but I’m working to convert my production sample board to final production spec over the next week and can get that as I do it.

7 Likes

It will be really cool to see it. There aren’t a lot of non-vesc options with decent specs and smooth power delivery.

Do you know if the throttle is current based like the vesc, or speed based?

6 Likes

I swear to god if i see similarities to hobbywing again i will have a meltdown.

5 Likes