New Lacroix Model -> Nazare

@Arch hey Alex if I’m already in mtl, could I try one on the gilles circuit? Still waiting on belts to finish my build and have nothing to do in the meanwhile other than look at my koowheel’s dead batteries.

design 2015 :smile:

4 Likes

Sorry, just opened this website after a month in the tunnel of death setting up production.

Interesting discussion on 12S vs 10S. I think @DerelictRobot hit it on the head. At a certain point, you get comfortable on the board and want more of that power, longer. Specially on 7-8 inch tires. Gear ratios will fix that top speed, but not how long the board has that “oh shit!” power in the tank,

16 inches vs 19 inches; well, to image it better, the Prototipo was a slalom machine that could do GS well. The new Nazare and Lonestar are giant slalom machines that can do slalom very well (thanks to @RipTideSports). I now do runs on the Lonestar where I average 27 mph on a 70-90 min ride (away from the city, and any stop sign and street light, mind you). And at that speed, because of the longer deck and wider trucks, I don’t feel like I’m taking more risks than at 18mph on my Prototipo. I’m not known as a speed demon, I’ve always been a deep carver. And yet, on these new boards, they made me become one.

It really doesn’t feel like a “skateboard” anymore by any means. It’s a high performance giant slalom tarmac machine that gets the blood flowing like very few things can. Hard to describe without sounding very pompous - when riders start receiving theirs and become comfortable on them, perhaps they’ll be able to describe in better words what I’m trying to convey.

Anyhow, always love shooting the shit with you guys. ttfn
A

17 Likes

Normally I don’t find myself looking at other boards as what I have fits the bill well for me but that thing makes my 12s8p street board seem tiny. :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m gonna be trying this beast out at the ruckus

Are you going at the track on the 10th?

lol, i like how this whole thing died down suddenly for 3 weeks XD

Everyone is welding 1800 cell packs together to keep up.

The fires are going to be immense

11 Likes

I’ll try but probably not. Will be in the shop building boards at that point and attempting to pump out as many as we can :-/

2 Likes

Visit Lacroix Board Owners Group on fb. Nothing died down. People talk about these boards every day (every hour :D) :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s just sad how most of them in that group have no clue what they’re talking about though. It reminds me of all the iPhone communities I’ve been told to visit so I can see the 65 year olds and up try and give advice on how to use Instagram properly. No more butts. No more fitness chicks. Come on…:wink:

P.S- Or the OneWheel Facebook Group. Ugh…

4 Likes

@SeanHacker Was he even close to offering the cost of your board?

1 Like

Nope. The cost of my boards that I will not sell is in the six figures area. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m guessing there once was a time when you didn’t have a clue either @SeanHacker. We’ve all been there (I arguably might still be there :blush:).
Where did you go to get a clue? Did you find that people tended to be helpful or just generally condescending?

Nobody is born knowing.
However when you act like you know when in fact you don’t then you will get called out.

6 Likes

Hah. You’ve entered into catch 22 situation because people still treat Sean with sarcastic condescension now, even though he has a friend who knows about esk8. You’ve just done it.

4 Likes

I came to this forum and read as much as I could and only asked questions as a last resort if I couldn’t figure it out with the information laid out in front of me.

10 Likes

I’m more to Sean than this; we’re soul mates you tardy lard.

7 Likes

We know… we know

10 Likes

I‘m not sure @Brenternet was referring to you in this specific situation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

2 Likes