New Flipsky vx4 IS TRASH (Dangerous!!!) [READ COMPLETELY]

When I replace my remote hardware, i want to give this the best chance of working properly. Are there any other esk8 parts that the receiver should not be close to? Can the motor wires cause drop outs? I have heard that any ground wire is bad to be near, that’s referring to the black wire from the battery correct? Are there any other wiring proximity conflicts that i should be aware of?

2 Likes

Keep away from any other radio transmitting device and away from any buck converter you might have in there

1 Like

Oh ffs, I was really hoping it’d be good because of the form factor, features and price. Time to gut the bastard and put new insides I guess

I had the exact same kinds of disconnection issues with the VX3. at this point I’m reluctant to use any FS remote ever again.

my sights for remotes are now firmly set on DIY and DIY-like stuff like the puck.

the only remote I’ve bought in 3 years of esk8 that’s never disconnected randomly has been the mini remote.

2 Likes

RF cutouts can be fairly repeatable in city areas so I would go ride there cautiously. If you go ride in the country you may well think it’s fixed and start to build trust only to get caught out again later. If you want to know that it’s really fixed the best thing is to return to the place you were experiencing cutouts.

12 Likes

This is scary but true.

My maytech split trigger remote almost sent me into traffic downtown on Halloween a few years back. Next time I was downtown, I went back to the same spot and it was repeatable.

Go very very slowly.

6 Likes

Very repeatable. With my VX3 I had cutouts in the exact same spot downtown, I had it narrowed down to a 5m^2 area where I could walk in and out and get predictable cutouts.

1 Like

I’m still so sad the maytech r2 wasn’t a full on winner - I really liked the feel on it

3 Likes

Just get used to the puck, f*** the chinese remotes :fu:

5 Likes

on my 2nd disconnection, I actually turned around and rode past the same spot at least 10 times, i could not repeat the cut out.

Same, if it didn’t have the disconnects it would be the perfect remote for me

I’m glad you are now taking the proper approach to troubleshooting. Hopefully Flipsky listens / fixes / diagnoses it

3 Likes

which one?

I’ve had this before with my MT as well, might depend on how much the interference source is being utilized at the time. Some of the antennas I go by cause more problems on different occasions than others.

1 Like

Same same

1 Like

Has anyone opened one of these up for science? I wonder if there is a problem with the remote guts. Maybe the battery is only half-way plugged in or something.

2 Likes

I’m going to, I think it’s only one or two screws behind the sticker

1 Like

I fucking hate this. It’s a holdover from the “warranty void if removed” era, and it’s bullshit.

If manufacturers absolutely have to put a sticker over screw holes because there simply isnt enough real estate on their component, then the screw holes should be clearly marked on the sticker and there should be no text over them.

That’s my rant for the day.

13 Likes

Yeah, that sticker has been the only thing stopping me.

1 Like

Eh I mean it’s VERY common, I more see it as a anti ingress thing but I suppose you could think of it that way

2 Likes

there is never a time where there isn’t enough real estate for a sticker, the sticker can go on the inside if they have to, or just no sticker at all.

hiding screw hole for appearance reason that i can understand, but it shouldn’t void warranty

4 Likes