New Flipsky vx4 IS TRASH (Dangerous!!!) [READ COMPLETELY]

I think it matters. The title is an integral part of the content and the idea being portrayed. If @bmwstu didn’t change the title, it shouldn’t have been changed by anyone but him.

3 Likes

I see the old title as it perpetuating something that’s no longer true. I’m not justifying flipsky being a shitty company but it’s just not fair to everyone. The vx4 is a good remote now as far as I’m concerned.

This new title shows the old issue but prevents it from scaring people

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter what it’s perpetuating. It’s somebody’s experience.

If you change somebody’s words, it changes the whole point of what they were trying to say in the first place.

6 Likes

TLDR: software update

2 Likes

and that actually solved it?
most of the time flipsky issue are qc issue, not devloppement as it’s mostly oem solutions

1 Like

Moved most comments, left some that were directed at the issue @bmwstu was having with the title change.

Now were left with the best of both worlds.

Got an issue? Let me know.

1 Like

Yes the issue is solved. I have ridden mine for almost 300 miles now through a numerous amount of locations, with zero cutouts and only one weird glitch that may have been a board issue

Again stressing the point that this should have never happened - I couldn’t even set it up to work with my vesc before the firmware update, so who knows what bumhead let this through originally

2 Likes

Sooo thumbs up on VX4 now?

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned as long as you have the updated firmware and don’t ride with @DerelictRobot you’re fine

I would like to see the original title reinstated please.

3 Likes

That is for Damon and Jamie to decide I’m afraid. I do not have the means to change titles.

1 Like

@longhairedboy @jamie

I don’t see any good reason why @bmwstu’s title should have been changed. Forum posts/threads are a snapshot in time that reflect the OP’s expression at that point in time.

The OP has expressed that he is unhappy about the title change, as have myself and others. I would like to formally request that the original title be reinstated.

6 Likes

There is also always the option to start a new thread about the vx4 in case somebody feels like the old titel will give the remote a bad reputation :nerd_face:

3 Likes

This is exactly what should have happened in the first place.

4 Likes

I suggested this and was called out for bathing opinions

1 Like

I didn’t change the title out of nowhere. It was suggested that I do so and it made sense at the time. A lot of sense. And to me, it still makes sense. The title as it stands now makes it VERY CLEAR that there is or was discussion and debate over its reliability, and the first post lays that groundwork.

but if we’re on the verge of another fucking insurrection over it, then fine.

I reverted it but tagged the title with READ COMPLETELY because otherwise it’s misleading now.

4 Likes

I still think it’s misleading now but whatever, I suppose we can start a new thread

1 Like

I suppose a properly titled retort thread may ease some of the confusion, but yeah.

1 Like

I don’t envy your position lol

3 Likes

I been having problem with my vx1 and was looking for new remote, Honestly just reading the tile made automatically think the vx4 was bad and stay away from it. Don’t see why not change the tile?! Will take days to go over all the different point of views and feelings about their first experience with the brand and not with the actual product.

3 Likes