New Flipsky Parallel RKP Trucks?

Ironic considering your ROSA trucks also suffer from short axles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wasn’t in the room for those either hehe

70mm axles are already being ordered :wink:

5 Likes

ping me when that comes in, i want a set of rosa truck

1 Like

Why would you use 13mm on the axle?

why bother to get the spec right when you only needed to copy the aesthetics and outlines of other stuff :eyes:

Maybe this is their built in speedring?

Potentially interesting.

I think they probably did just copy the Voxters.

It should be doable, but the need isn’t the same.
In TKPs, the axle is in between the bushing seat and pivot cup already, so the force from the axle already is supported from either side. If you want to create a longer base of support, you just have more space between the pivot cup and bushing seat.

The problem that queenpins are out to solve are mostly a RKP issue from the axle cantilevering out.
TKPs don’t put as much rider weight on the boardside bushing, because so much of it gets offloaded to the pivot cup instead. RKPs all of the weight goes right into the boardside bushing, so it really needs to be harder. Side to side slop is a bigger deal on a RKP because the axle it out at the end of a lever arm where forces are amplified, rather than in the middle.

4 Likes

:sparkles: r e a s o n s :sparkles:

1 Like

Great explination, ty. So you think the trampa IR trucks would have the same issues?

From my experience with them - they do.
It’s fine and maybe even desirable for off-road, but kinda meh for fast pavement riding.