New esc? Best options?

However some die quicker then others

1 Like

Original FOCBoxes arenā€™t that rare. Iā€™d say over the past week, 10+ have been available at good prices here. I would just get those.

2 Likes

esk8ā€™ers: ā€œMan you have many vescā€™s @Movation.ā€
Motivation: ā€œYou mean 200$ fuses, they did their job :slight_smile:.ā€
:joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m using 5 Flipsky FSESC 6.6 DUAL. The one with big capacitors and NO built in antispark. All of them are good. I killed one because of a mistake, replaced DRV and itā€™s working fine again. IMHO this ESC is very good. Telling people Flipsky is shit is a fashion hereā€¦ Itā€™s much more complicated than that.

OG 6.6 dual and dual plus (not the new mini version) is an robust design Itā€™s built in Antispark is the weak link. Of the 3 I have all 3 I have had to bypass. Thatā€™s only issue and a few loose caps. But try and get warranty from flipsky after the month. You will get many excuses. Best I have offered was a discount on a new one. My 2 X FS 4.2 dual both have mcu failures on one side. One only 2 weeks old, and because the shrink wrap was removed I was told warranty was void. Bad Design Very bad customer serviceā€¦

ā€œI jumped off this bridge 5 times and Iā€™m just fine. Telling people jumping off this bridge is dangerous is a fashion here. Look at me, I am fine.ā€

- (implying you wonā€™t get hurt if you jump off)

1 Like

:rofl:

Yet, Iā€™d rather jump off a bridge than using a FlipSky ESC with built in antispark.

But I canā€™t admit that Iā€™m so lucky that Iā€™ve never had any problem with this particular FSESC 6.6 DUAL despite itā€™s shitā€¦ I donā€™t bother the pollā€¦

1 Like

I also despise builtin antispark as well. For any brand, really.

2 Likes

You despise them because so far most have proven to be unreliable.
If this changes in the future, I donā€™t see a problem with them.

1 Like

Thatā€™s because you build boards in the same cookie-cutter way that everyone else does. A modular single motor ESC that only controls a motor, and nothing else, is more adaptable and usable in more ways.

3 Likes

@jeffwuneo

thanks

1 Like