New esc? Best options?

We have test this already for many months and with some friends who ride for us daily to test. This is not complicated product. We make electric car part every day and for many years. We are not joking to make bad products.

4 Likes

As I said donā€™t take it personally.
We have a saying where I come from:
He who got burned eating porridge blows on the yoghurt.

6 Likes

Our neoBOX 4 is exact copy of focbox which already prove some reliable. We make even more reliable and fix problem people have with this before. NeoBOX 6 is even better and update design.

Is not personal but donā€™t talk bad about our product here.

4 Likes

hahah I like that last sentence. Never heard it, props for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

They donā€™t Jeff. They just say that it takes time to test something. Until now, it has been good. But you canā€™t draw conclusions from this relatively short period of testing.

Yes, this

and this too.

If I had to place an order for ESCs today I would order neoBox V6 and consider making a donation to Vedder when I download software.

There are also rumors of a new @torqueboards ESC under development and I hear itā€™s going to be pretty awesome (Iā€™ve tested a prototype and it is), so you can add that to the list. But itā€™s not shipping today.

2 Likes

There isnā€™t an obvious answer, personally I think its the Trampa VESC.

Only con is the price but, the pros outweighs it.

Top pros imo;
Good customer support
Itā€™s the vesc of vescs, it just works
Vedder profit personally from it

2 Likes

Show me where I did that.

2 Likes

@taz you werenā€™t exactly putting up an ad for his product

Is the Neobox V6 built around DRV8301 or DRV8302?

@Taz, and others are just cautioning everyone from getting carried away. I have seen people endorsing this VESC on here before any of them even shipped. Weve only seen the results of the testing batch which had some glaring issues that have apparently been resolved. Is it promising? Yes. Can we say this is a reliable VESC - not yet. I personally think this is how we should be thinking about new products.

8 Likes

Donā€™t make me answer you. I really donā€™t feel like being mean right nowā€¦

7 Likes

I am not trying to tell you off or anything but say it hasnā€™t yet been proven to be reliable and leave it there

It is normal for Jeff to want to defend his product

1 Like

Again, show me one instance where I said anything bad about his product.

2 Likes

But thatā€™s just fact :man_shrugging:
Itā€™s also not an argument to say itā€™s reliable because itā€™s an exact copy of something.
A copy is still a copy and even if the design is approved there can be issues with components which are from different companies or the quality of assembly or what not ever.
With this said, ā€žproven to be reliableā€œ can be said maybe after one year of sales from different batches.

8 Likes

Heā€™s just screaming out for a yoghurt blowing.

5 Likes

finally a guy who gets what i mean

@Brenternet summed it up perfectly Neo looks like a good options but letā€™s see them do some big numbers. MakerX I used to sing their praise is giving me dramas with fw issues. Flipshite well you may get lucky. I have an unity with blown fets but not because of design but because previous owner was a fucktard who put it on the outside and drive it through water. The other one to watch for is torqueboard 6 based dual. Even the Chinese brand all in oneā€™s are catching up. The meepo and Hobbywing ESC ok they are missing some ports but for the price and that will suit 80% of most peopleā€™s needs, true we are not most people. Trampa is affordable and old school 4.12 you can get online for less than $50 and sub 30 amps (more than an evolve GTR) they are still awesome.

2 Likes

Huh

Also cause itā€™s me someone should make a vesc failure rate poll for each of the main vescs
Also naming each of the faults you had

Dislexic it made sense to meā€¦
Trampa is expensive but affordable in the way they are not rubbish.
The OG 4.12 VESC from FESC or flipsky is around $50 Trumpbucks. And they are simple enough even flipsky canā€™t fuck them up.
The key factor to remember is all Skateboard ESC ( F.U. Frank) die regardless of brand. Think of them as a $200 fuse and you wonā€™t be disappointed.

2 Likes