New Builders Parts Advice

So it’s been over a year of reading about eSk8 and already planing my 3rd build. god help by bank balance this was suppose to save monny. Made my mistakes along the way. With new products coming out and technology changing I realise some of the old posts I read are now outdated and misleading advice.

The idea is to give new builders some guidance of the kid of decision there research should have brought them to so far for a middle of the road DIY Build thay can see when thay going down the path of some thing unusual and decide if thay want to go that way intentionally or if thay want to do more research on that particular subject

Pleas keep you answered to what you would recommend to a new person with a balance to quality and value in mined (not you ultimate build)

Drive Qty

• Dule Drive
  • Single Drive
  • Quad Drive
  • Other

0 voters

Drive Type

• Hub Motors
  • Belt Drive
  • Chain Drive
  • Gear Drive
  • Direct Drive
  • Other

0 voters

VESC

• Tampa VESC 6+
  • Enertion Focbox Unity
  • Enertion Focbox Classic
  • TB ESC 4.12
  • TB ESC 6
  • Generic VESC 4.12/4.20
  • Flipsky 6.6
  • Flipsky 4.2
  • Other

0 voters

Motors

• Other

0 voters

Motor Brand

• Maytech
  • Torque Board
  • HK SK8
  • Other

0 voters

Battery Config

• 10s3p
  • 10s4p
  • 10s5p
  • 12s3p
  • 12s4p
  • 12s5p
  • Lipo
  • Other

0 voters

Cell Type

• CVT5a
  • Q30
  • CVT6
  • R25
  • T40
  • T30
  • P26a
    *Other

0 voters

This one is better but still 100% personal preference.

I would recommend people build a board based on what they want from it.

6 Likes

Yep but tryed with a bit more of a practical options that others could get some useful info from

2 Likes

I take the dule drive with tampa 6 and cvt6 cells :relieved::joy:

3 Likes

That thread totally doesn’t make a sense.
All options are good options for the one or the other, same as all options are bad options for the one or the other…

And when a group of people put forwards and there’s personal opinions and a majority forms it becomes a consensus.

Just no.
You just can’t recommend the 36year old guy living in the middle of nowhere with no roads but a solid income searching for some off-road action the same as a student on budget just getting into esk8 and searching for a campus cruiser.

3 Likes

My life is a lie!

13 Likes

so you the 36years old student with medium income than :joy:

1 Like

Climbing mountains on the way to my liberal arts classes.

5 Likes

With that board, you plow through mountains

2 Likes

or plow off a mountain

I think my one was better

But seriously thank you @Darkie02 but could you add some more options to the things such as sizes and wheels so on so forth

goddammit your dinghy is bigger than my dinghy!

To be honest I think wheel sizes is only relevant when considering to gear ratio and KV as long as thay are reasonable. wheel size is a personal preference with no real impact on a first time builder final chooses compared with a undersized battery or unreliable VESC will cause.

1 Like

I am surprised by is how split the community is on battery config

As well how many people would suggest gear drive for a first time build. Wasn’t expecting that.

I also must have made a big mistake on motors size as other is by fare the most popular.

Makes me believe I’m missing some thing and the intenshion on helping others on were to research has back fired and its me that needs to understand more on these matters.

Missing 6374, 6364/6369. 5055, 5065

1 Like

I thort 50xx motors were not real used any more and any thing over 6364 was either a insane power build or MTB will have to pay closer attention to motor sizes on first time builds

1 Like

5056 racestars are great motors for the price. First time build or not.
My first build as many others are 6374. Yes they are overkill, but they are common and go a sale often and if your using just about anything but caliber or Paris trucks you have the room.