New build on MBS board

First build so roast evenly on all sides. I used twin maytech 6374 derated to 4200 max Watts output (this is pertinent). Two 50 amp max cont. 200 amp burst vescs by maytech as well. My battery is 10s6p high drain 30q cells providing a max of 100 amps to keep everything well bellow limits. All that being said I made the containment system and motor mounts with hand tools from blank slabs so they are… unique.

Now to the fun part, I built this thing for torque so it would climb hills and it does! I have been using an accelerometer to test its parameters and on a full charge I am pulling .8 to 1.29 g’s! It is so sketchy punching it.

10 Likes

Oh lord that board got a big booty :flushed::flushed:

11 Likes

Love the diy spirit man! I always appreciate builds on the same deck I started with.

Ever considered using a centrally located box for better weight distribution?

6 Likes

tenor (49)

6 Likes

Big booty Judy makes up in raw nasty speed what she lacks in beauty!

2 Likes

I did, this design actually had multiple iterations where I considered a centralized metal container but did not like the size (I used a battery system that was blocky) initially. However one of my biggest concerns was that with so much torque I would have terrible traction(on anything other than rough pavement its a spin fest if I punch it). I realized the weight being over the back end would put less strain on my rear leg and help keep weight on the tires. This board was not made with traveling around the city in mind. I wanted long range, currently getting 15 to 18 miles riding like a mad man up and down wild grass hills and some road but mostly getting to the fun. I have to say an unintended consequence is that big booty does some really fun dirt drifts.

1 Like

As long as it rides and makes you happy, that’s all that matters :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

SPITTIN’ BARZ!!!

Seriously tho. True DIY up in here! I LOVE IT. Also cool it spins out so long as you can handle it. Building one rn. Gonna have the guts in the belly, so grass and light gravel will be as far as I can go with it. Might hafta top mount eventually.

1 Like

you know you secretly like it

I like 'em short and skinny, if I had a Exway I could run 5x1.5 wheels on I would :joy:

1 Like

Nice build. Like the board :joy:

3 Likes

Of course! I am just overly ecstatic to talk about it. Thanks for the question.

1 Like

As you should be! Keep an eye on those ats trucks. I had a set snap under me at 30mph and it was… Not so chill. I like how they and the 20° deck tips ride a lot though.

1 Like

Ha! Like an accidental dr Suess. What kind of set up do you have going? The build is so much fun, its almost dissapointing to finish… but then you get to ride it and honestly the tinkering and adjusting phase took just as long as the design and build phase. All about building what works best for you, I just wanted a mountain board and an atv to have a baby. I would love to see the finished product when you get done.

1 Like

I love it! Great color scheme, what kind of set up are you running?

Sounds super not chill, eating it at 16 to 18 was tolerable on a roll out but 30… no thank you.

Stormcore 60d
6374 170kv
12s2p lipo capable of 250a
15/62 pulleys
8inch T3 tires

3 Likes

So I’m still very much in development. Collecting parts. It’s going to be more atv than pure mountain board as I am bottom mounting the enclosure. @eBoosted made it, it’s a frickin beauty. Should fit 12s8p 18650’s with plenty of room for all electrons and their homes. Sadly, will be very little diy. Just a battery build and the wiring. All components are parts someone else made. I have matrix 1’s and 2’s, both with sexy mounts made by @IDEA. Should check his stuff out on ig, robust and tidy. Not sure which ones I’m using yet. 170kv motors (sensored), not sure the esc yet. Lots of options emerging. Letting the beta testing commence to better choose (thanks early adopters). Likely 30Q’s unless something comparable comes up on the cheap. Waiting on the freesk8 developments to implement remote, data logging and whatnot. All that on an @MBS comp 95. Should be quite nice when all’s said and done. Really looking forward to ripping around in fields and light trail! Also, want to have some road tires setup and ready to go for them group rides!

Edit: Sorry for the text wall… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Holy hell… 250 amps! At 100 amps my take off is like getting teeped in the chest… What kind of range do you get and at what amp/h? I have not range tested mine to any real capacity, curious to see others.

@AaronMerritt61
Its capable of it but I have it limited at 65a per side. I haven’t done any range test as it’s not made for that purpose. I can say I’ve done four F1 trackruns in one go
Track is 4.361km long so comes to 17.44km on one charge with about 40%left