New build boosted clone

Check it

12s4p
Unity
Loaded vanguard
Eboosted enclosure
Benchwheel remote (until Hoyt arrives Friday!)
Boa 100s

One quick question… how do i get my ride to be ‘softer’ - should I swap bushings out?image image

6 Likes

Do you think or does anybody know if you could get pneumatics to work with this deck and the trucks your using. I assume your using boardnamics 220s?

Nice build btw!

I think I’ve seen someone rock that before/ that’s the next step down the road/

1 Like

shock pad risers make a substantial difference in my testing. I bought some crappy ones on amazon and my ride is much more comfortable.

1 Like

Haggy sells some silicon riders that seem quality and they include some nice hex key hardware.

@poloace the BN220 come with the hardest riptide bushings so you could get a step softer barrel bushings.

Looks like a really nice build!!

Can we get some ride videos?

1 Like

Barrel bushings… I’ll have to look into that

1 Like

Comes with 96a so pick up some 93 90 maybe 87

Pretty cheap for the quality and very cheap shipping.

I figured the ride would be smoother than my boosted w90Mm ollin popocas but it’s not… a little rougher - want to make it feel like a very soft and comfy ride- so, swap bushings and risers??

1 Like

Throw on the 110mm blue Tb wheels

4 Likes

It kinda depends on your definition on softer, do you mean you…

1. wanna carve more (as in the board sways left and right more effortlessly)
  2. wanna have lesser vibration while riding those thane?

I have a similar board build thread here - Boosted Clone Build | Flipsky 4.20 Plus VESC | Dual Belt Motor Drive FTW!

2 Likes

Definitely less vibration/ the carving is nice as is… no need to mess with that too much. Just isn’t as ‘soft’ as a ride as I expected

You won’t get much of a comfort as long as you’re riding on urethane wheels, because at the end of the day it is still just a solid urethane wheels that’s adsorbing the vibrations :sob:

There is no comparison between urethane wheels and airless/pneumatic, they are just on another level, kinda like the different between riding a bicycle and a motorbike if that makes sense :+1:

2 Likes

In my limited experiance, You can have a soft confort ride on Erethane Wheels, The Boa’s are a great start,

Get some aftermarket Bushings, and Pivot tube/cup’s you’ll notice a fair reduction the softer they are (96a for pivot tubes arent bad tho)

Keep in mind Bushing Height also effects how much thane there is to Dampen.

Shock Pads work but will bend any baseplate overtime if directly mounted to it.

I have had remarkable success with Bolzen Angled Riser Pads -12 , and then cutting them into flat pads, the Quality of the Thane they use make it a “Sturdy” but not Hard riserpad with extreme Dampening.

If you were to do all of this you’d notice maximum reduction however dampening especially with shock pads, does mean a slight loss in control over your wheels (think nasty bumps/rocks that wont move).

You dont want to make yourself a springloaded front truck basiclly, but per upgrade, (starting with truck upgrades) you should notice improvements.

motorbike has air in the wheels… so does a bike :smiley:

Help me understand this one pls

I was just using it as an analogy to explain the overall ride feeling between riding a bike and a motorbike :slight_smile:

Not directly referencing the wheels that they are using, if that makes sense :+1:

From a feelings prospective, riding a bike is definitely not as comfortable as riding a motorbike, and that was the difference that I was trying to convey to op :smile:

This is a DIY, not a pre-built

1 Like