New build, 12s4p, dual 6374,2.5:1 ratio, 90mm wheels and flipsky 6.6. does anyone put usb port on enclosure

Having a way to directly connect to your ESC via something hardwired is ridiculously convenient - something you won’t be able to appreciate on your first venture into esk8. If you have the room in your enclosure… Do it.

1 Like

If you get a metr you can do it through an iPhone. You set up a tcp/ip session between your board->phone->computer

I have to do that on o e of my boards since the usb c port on my unity snapped off

1 Like

Please don’t say MBoards.

1 Like

The battery is the last component I have to buy. I had considered mboard, but decided to go with the one from diyelectricskateboard. One reason is it has power switch, charge port, battery level indicator and custom enclosure included…why?

1 Like

MBoard: One of the worst, if not THE worst vendor in esk8

diyelectricskateboards/Torqueboards: One of the very best vendors in esk8

2 Likes

Our community has built this resource for exactly this reason:

1 Like

Im with Bindings. Seems like a hassle to do but would be worth

… it’s a single hole lmao.

1 Like

Im very lazy

I’ve done USB ports on the ESC enclosure and it was super duper handy… I’d recommend it if you have the room for sure.

1 Like

I thought I had seen before people did micro USB extensions and the plug break due to vibration.
I would look into the Bluetooth module and maybe a cheap Android tablet. Just look up the OS requirements for the vesc tool app.

Thanks, I should have room so I will install USB port extension cable with a dust cover.

On another note what’s the difference in flipsky FSESC 6.6 esc and 6.6 plus esc?

Size mostly, but both have depressing failure rates.

3 Likes

Ugh!!

1 Like

Sadly, at this very instant, it’s a bad time to be buying a vesc-based ESC unless your budget is healthy. Today’s vesc-compatible landscape:

Established:

Trampa: The best quality/bulletproof but you pay for the privilege
Enertion Unity: Great but sold out
Enertion Focbox: Still viable but not the easiest to find
Flipsky: Poor QC/high failure rates
ESCape: Solid AF but hard to find

Newcomers:

Torqueboards: Established quality vendor, will be worth the wait given TB’s history/still in testing
Maker-X: Good value but jury is out on quality (I am using a dual from them successfully ATM, though)
neoONE: (based on the Focbox): Hopes are high but no feedback yet as still in production
Zesc: Looks interesting but unproven. But check this out:ZESC v6c vesc variant

(Did I miss anyone, guys?)

If I HAD to buy something right now: Would get a pair of Flipsky 4.12 singles off of eBay and run them until the market sorts itself out over the summer, and then keep for backup.

9 Likes

Damn. It’s terrifying to see this. You’re kinda right. We really don’t have any affordable and proven vescs atm.

I wish the maker X was able to be delivered in a couple of weeks right now. After seeing people order months ago and get nothing, I’m scared to even order one.

5 Likes

What’s the difference between fsesc 6.6 and fsesc 6.6 plus? Other than plus is 4wd compatible and $100+ ?

Unfortunately I’m probably going to roll the dice to get my board rolling and maybe upgrade to torqueboards if it proves out.

2 Likes

Which maker-x esc are you using?

1 Like

Flipsky…