New build, 12s4p, dual 6374,2.5:1 ratio, 90mm wheels and flipsky 6.6. does anyone put usb port on enclosure

new to esk8 and bought backfire g2t 6 months ago. I’ve really enjoyed riding it and its been good, but I’m what we call in cycling a clydesdale(235lbs). I want a board with more range and that can push my big a** up a hill so I’m collecting parts for my first build and any advice is appreciated. I’m comfortable with a reasonable top speed of around 25mph, which I’ve used the speed calculator to map out.

the whole vesc thing is a little intimidating as far as programming and I want to get the torque curve set up well. and not “let the smoke out of the box”

I’m was thinking of getting a usb extension cable and mounting a usb port on battery enclosure so I can adjust FSESC 6.6 without removing enclosure. Does anyone do that? Is that reasonable thinking?

thanks in advance,

1 Like

Yes, this is a great idea. Just get an ip67/68 panel mount w/a threaded, not friction push on cap

2 Likes

Welcome. I haven’t seen anyone do this, mainly because you can do it through Bluetooth now. But always good to have different ways to go.

With the limited info about about your build I can tell you that you’ll be fine hitting 25mph at your weight.

Are you going to build your own battery or have it made? What cells are you going with?

My first build was 12s4p with 30qs and had TB 6355s and it move my big ass (240lbs) just fine!

2 Likes

I’d love to use bluetooth, but I read that the app is only supported by android and I’m an iPhone user, though I may have an ibm computer in the back of the closet. I’m sure it is bluetooth compatible, could I use that? and I assume you would need to purchase some sort of bluetooth module to add to the vesc? dang! I hope my wife doesn’t figure out how much this is costing.

I’m buying a prebuilt lion 30q battery. its so long that one of my concerns is deck flex, I’m waiting on blank maple deck that is supposed to be stiff, but the enclosure and battery may be stressed by my big a** which I’m sure will cause some flex

1 Like

Having a way to directly connect to your ESC via something hardwired is ridiculously convenient - something you won’t be able to appreciate on your first venture into esk8. If you have the room in your enclosure… Do it.

1 Like

If you get a metr you can do it through an iPhone. You set up a tcp/ip session between your board->phone->computer

I have to do that on o e of my boards since the usb c port on my unity snapped off

1 Like

Please don’t say MBoards.

1 Like

The battery is the last component I have to buy. I had considered mboard, but decided to go with the one from diyelectricskateboard. One reason is it has power switch, charge port, battery level indicator and custom enclosure included…why?

1 Like

MBoard: One of the worst, if not THE worst vendor in esk8

diyelectricskateboards/Torqueboards: One of the very best vendors in esk8

2 Likes

Our community has built this resource for exactly this reason:

1 Like

Im with Bindings. Seems like a hassle to do but would be worth

… it’s a single hole lmao.

1 Like

Im very lazy

I’ve done USB ports on the ESC enclosure and it was super duper handy… I’d recommend it if you have the room for sure.

1 Like

I thought I had seen before people did micro USB extensions and the plug break due to vibration.
I would look into the Bluetooth module and maybe a cheap Android tablet. Just look up the OS requirements for the vesc tool app.

Thanks, I should have room so I will install USB port extension cable with a dust cover.

On another note what’s the difference in flipsky FSESC 6.6 esc and 6.6 plus esc?

Size mostly, but both have depressing failure rates.

3 Likes

Ugh!!

1 Like