NEVER BORED Generic Pre-Built Teardown and Upgraded Battery Info+Prints

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum; it’s going to be a teardown a little info about this generic low-end e-skate that I picked up, along with some 3D prints for an upgraded battery pack.

I recently purchased 2x of these “NEVER BORED” very generic and mediocre looking boards. Nothing impressive but it’s my first board and I’m having a great time. I suspected the batteries were old and abused, so I was prepared to swap them regardless.

I’ve designed a 3D printed housing for 2x 6s10aH prismatic cells that I had lying around being lazy. It was far too weak on the Z-seams so you’ll need to reinforce with a strap or something to take the weight of the batteries bouncing. I used a ratchet strap for now.

I also redesigned it to just use 4x M4x90mm bolts. Once I get those I’ll test them but should be alright. Range went from approximately 5.5mi (8aH) → 14.5mi (20aH). Top speed is still same at 18mph

Some info about the stock battery:
Generic looking 6s4p 18650 pack. My batteries may have been old and abused, so I can’t say much about performance but my new batts vastly outperformed them in voltage sag and power output. Note I added the XT90, I didn’t dig deep but I didn’t see a connector so I just cut it. Make sure not to cut both at the same time!!

Now I’m looking to build something faster :smiley:
P.S. If anyone wants to get rid of a set of all-terrain belt driven motor/trucks, something around 1500w, like a 5055 or 6355, ~140kv for 12s I’m all ears! Would also need an ESC and possibly a deck too.

2 Likes

where r u located? maybe put that in ur profile or add to OP

and also, @KaramQ is the pawn shop if u need things :rofl:

I’m in SLC, Utah, not a popular place for boards I would think :joy:

1 Like

There are a few people in Utah. Kelly comes to mind. Haven’t seen him around lately though.

@Skunk
@Skunk
@Skunk

If these were on the cheaper end of the reliable prebuilts (basically the $350+ range where they aren’t a death trap) it could just be that the batteries were of poor quality to start with. I completely drained a battery with cheap cells in just 6 months of almost daily use. Typically one charge and discharge a day although sometimes less. Which I wouldn’t count as abuse yet the cells still ended up completely drained. :weary:

Also, you’re right about wanting a new ESC if you get stronger motors. Easier than trying to figure out what motors the current ESC will work with only to end with only a little more power than you have now

Well I’m fairly sure they spent the better part of last year fully charged. They do however still put out about 8000mAh so at least meeting their rated capacity isn’t bad.

1 Like

I got you bro, selling all this for 700

Complete new belt drive and deck and enclosure, with esc

1 Like

That’s pretty tempting :sweat_smile:, a little nicer (read pricey) than what I’m trying you do, but I might still be convinced.

That whole undercarriage is supposed to hold the battery right? Unfortunately I’m trying to reuse some more of those 6s 10aH lipos since I have 8 of them just sitting around.

Although as you can see I’m not opposed to some custom 3D printed enclosures.

1 Like

Fuck Utah