Nese Wiring Help

Hey Guys,

for a Nese Build in the past i had following Layout.

This is the drawing of @janpom, thanks again bro! You were a huge help.

I want to use the battery for a smaller board now and I’m trying to lay the modules in a straight Line like that.

Can someone help me with the connection of the modules and the bms wiring?

What’s the layout of the modules? Are they 2s2p, or 4s1p? If 2s2p, then you either need the last pack to have the nickel strip connecting all 4 cells, or you need to bridge it with a wire like this:

As you can see, balance wire number 5 can go to either side of the end of the pack.

1 Like

Yes they are 2s2p, awesome thanks!!

How would I connect the last pack without a cable?

You would use a full length nickel-plated copper tab in that last module, like I drew in the picture with the grey lines. Maybe one of your modules already has a full sized one, maybe you have a spare one / need to order one. If you don’t have it (all your tabs are only 2 cells long) then you can resort to using a wire.

1 Like

I just realized that for my old setup I just needed 4 Bus Tabs.

How safe would it be to use cables for the missing 4 bus bar connections?

Oh shoot, I just realized how your last setup worked; you have 5 full-length copper tabs actually. That means you’ll need to cut 4 of them in half. (make sure the sides can’t touch, so like, cut a small slit out of the middle)

Yes, you could use wires instead of the bus bars, but I would suggest just ordering some; they’re cheap after all.

1 Like

Without alteration you would connect them as such:

If you want the standard connection, you will need 8 series bus bars and you will need to rearrange the tabs. You will need extra 2P tabs as 2S2P modules have 1 4P tab and you can use it for one side so you need 4 2P tabs. Contact me and we could arrange some for the price of shipping.

2 Likes

Yeah, the reason I didn’t show how to wire the pack up like this is that

1. those wire connections are tricky
  2. I’m afraid vibrations could lead to one of the bolts rubbing through a wire and causing a short.
1 Like