NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

Thank you. I think if something works people post less than somethings that have issues.
How old is your Nese packs?

1 Like

I printed the V2 module for 4P2S (vented). It came out great.

Here’s comparing the dimensions with V1. Vertical/horizontal is either exactly the same or a negligible difference. The V2 is about 1.5mm thinner though, which is great. I may now be able to fit DS into my enclosure.

Here with battery cells installed. @Agniusm, does this look OK? The tabs at the edges have a good compression but the ones inside not so much. By closing the lid, the box gets compressed slightly more so maybe all is good then. I’ll have to test it.

The way the lid closes on the V2 is SO MUCH BETTER than on V1. It comes on and off easily. No hassle at all. This is a great improvement @Agniusm. Thanks!

9 Likes

@Agniusm
Will be needing some modules soon. Are the ones you sell right now V2 or V1?

1 Like

Any word on these? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I got my first set of bus bars from you in April of 2019. So about a year and a half with the NESE system and no problems. It doesn’t come loose with vibration, is quick to disassemble, and has seemingly no heat problems with or without vented prints. This is all just using the default prints and not some of the custom ones. Definitely worth the price for me.

3 Likes

Here’s some progress on my DS NESE pack using the V2 modules.

I made a holder that I plan to use for attaching the pack directly to the deck. It also keeps the two layers separate. In case some of the tabs in the top layer gets loose it can’t touch the metal in the bottom layer (which would be a dead short). Plus, it creates a channel for balance leads.

🖼 Pictures and Nothing Else!

7 Likes

Thats a very sexy build. Love it

1 Like

That’s so cool. What deck are you going to put it in? Evo?

Thanks! Yes, I have EVO with DS eBoosted enclosure. It will be a tight fit as far as the depth is concerned but I can always put a slightly thicker gasket.

6 Likes

Aaand…

It fits! Yay!

And the holders do work! (Especially when the NESE modules are empty.) :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

That’s so clean, good job!

And thanks for providing these, I have Evo deck as well, ready for 2021 build and I planned to do DS NESE 10S8P, but thanks to you I will plan for 12S.

What is the holder printed from? Did you somehow post-process it to gain more strength? Nevertheless you still have enclosure that would hold it even if it would crack somewhere.

Thanks! The holders are printed from PETG and I haven’t done anything to make them stronger. They still feel reasonably strong. Even with just two, the modules are held in place firmly. And there will be 6 of them. Plus, you’re right, there’s still the enclosure and the fit is so tight that when I add a thin layer of neoprene I’ll have the enclosure gently pressing against the battery pack and help hold it in place.

After mocking things up today I’ll be making a small change to the holders. I will add something to help route the cables along the pack. There’s no space for them on top of the pack. They will have to go along the side of the pack.

BTW, it’s 12S7P, not 8P. That wouldn’t fit with this enclosure. I believe you can still make it work with a wider enclosure.

1 Like

Why not? I had 12s8p NESE in DS evo enclosure.

The eBoosted DS enclosure? I suppose you had to use a thick gasket?

5mm maybe. But thickness doesn’t change from 7p to 8p :sweat_smile:

It doesn’t but the enclosure gets slightly narrower towards the bottom so while you’d be able to put 7P all the way down, the same is not necessarily true for 8P.

UPDATE:
26650 hardware is coming mid December.
There will be another winter sale for a month as usual.
I will start selling V2 modules which are smaller.
I will have some V1 old stock at half price.
Now i need to hope all this pandemic nonsense does not affect me too much and i can deliver on time

13 Likes

Anyone here with VR? Testing out platform for people without 3D printers to have my modules looked at in VR or XR

4 Likes

Does anyone have the link for vented 21700 V2 modules? I only found the non-venting ones on thingiverse.

Edit: found it
https://cults3d.com/en/users/18650/creations

1 Like

21700 and 26650 hardware and modules will be available at the end of December. 18650 ships as usual.
Shipping will incur delays due to Christmas and pandemic so bear that in mind when ordering.
Thank you for support

8 Likes