Nese bms wiring

Hey guys, this is my nese 10s2p Samsung 30q
Build. I just did the bms wiring and checked the voltage. Can you Tell me if the voltage is correct?

1 Like

Search bms wiring lee wright on YouTube… your voltage is incorrect. It should be around 34-36 for a 10s assuming you are using new cells from a reputable source. Test your main leads. If you don’t get these voltages you did something wrong and it’s not a bms issue.

2 Likes

Oh damn, I actually watched his Video but I‘m Using 2s2p Nese and its confusing, because its another Layout.

1 Like

Simplify it… that’s my motto. Ha more pictures will help us diagnose your problems… also what is the voltage on your mains?

2 Likes

Post pictures of the top and bottom so that we can see how the tabs are connected.

If the modules are 2S2P and they are internally connected and if the black wire is connected to the negative terminal then you definitely shouldn’t have a tab going from the left-hand side screw.

Since it looks as though you haven’t shorted anything I assume you only connected the cells at the top side and thus you’re getting the reading for 5S (which would be more or less correct if the cells are nearly fully charged).

Edit: If you could open one of the 2S2P modules and show us the insides, that would also help a lot.

2 Likes

So the First picture is the top with Bus Bars and the second picture is the bottom with the 2p tabs.

I Hope the drawing makes Sense, otherwise i will Open it up and Post new pictures!

Number 1 : negative cable (black)

Thanks alot!!

You should never be seeing 20V in a 10S pack. There is a group or two backwards. Check the voltage at every group terminal being sure to put the probe’s aligned correctly to where the positive and negative should be.

Edit* I supposed it could just be the wiring of the BMS plug too, I can’t really tell what’s what in the pic.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s wrong. I’ll try to draw how you should connect it. You definitely need tabs on both sides. This way you essentially connected the groups 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 in series. The 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 are completely left out. That’s why you’re only getting the voltage for 5S.

Here you go. Hopefully it makes sense. Be very careful not to short out anything. Before you install a tab, take your multimeter and assert there’s 0V between the two points you are about to connect.

Then 1 is your negative terminal and 11 is your positive terminal.

4 Likes

Dude Thank you so much! This drawing saved my life :smiley: it works like a charm!

1 Like