NEOone / 10s4p NESE / single drive TB6374 / TB110 / 15t:44t pulleys

@jeffwuneo. What is the size of the insert? There seems to be some variation in the hole size. My m4 inserts are 6.5mm outside diameter. Is this the same as yours?

1 Like

Which bms is that?

https://www.litechpower.com/product-detail/HCX-D239LI10S08A.html

2 Likes

This insert works.
E-Z LOK

4.2 out of 5 stars 83Reviews

E-Z Lok 400-M4 Threaded Insert, Brass, Knife Thread, M4", M4-0.7 Internal Threads, 0.375" Length (Pack of 10)

Here is the link, but you may need to select the m4 size

3 Likes

would these work also?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CMQXNZF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3F6EDYUH20SVD&psc=1

1 Like

Probably, but I have not tried that style before. I just found this tread that may be helpful:

Threaded Inserts: Which ones are best? And why?

1 Like

Getting closer. I hope to finish the build this weekend depending on other obligations. I designed, printed and assembled a loopkey/charger riser:

My original plan was to drill a hole from the compartment to the center of the riser to hid the wires, but got a little worried that I might not hit the angle right. Then I figured that the motor wires are already exposed and there is a extra hole for wires already, so I am going to route the wires out the end opposite the loop key.

3 Likes

Update on progress. I finished wiring everything up and amazingly it worked on the first try. All that is left to do is double-sided tape the battery down, secure the ESC, receiver and bluetooth module (probably with velcro), secure the wiring a bit and seal up the holes with silicon.

15 Likes

very nice loopkey and charge port integrated in the riser!

1 Like

It looks so fresh ! Nice and clean board :+1:
good finition and enjoy :v:

3 Likes

Do you get any wheel bite? It looks pretty close from the pictures.

Not so far but I have only had one short ride so far because I have not sealed up the holes and it has been raining for like a month. The trucks are pretty loose and i have not been able to get then to touch standing on the board. I also have 1/2 inch printed risers plus 1/8in rubber ones.

2 Likes

God I feel that…

Is that what you did with your build in the end? BMS in the lid? Been knocking my head against the wall for ages trying to figure out how to fit everything, please tell me it was this easy :laughing:

If it’s not hard, could you please measure how much space there is between the lid inserts + their height? :slight_smile:

Edit: I got someone else to do some measurements for me. No BMS can fit between the NESE packs and the lid. I guess your lid isn’t sitting flush, is it? :confused:

2 Likes

@rusins - Sorry for not getting back sooner, I have been off the site for a while. My BMS is the red one in this picture that I bought from @thisguyhere. It does indeed fit between the lid supports, but I velco’d it to the top of the battery in the right place to miss the supports, not in the lid. The lid sits slightly up, but this is from the foam seal, not from hitting the BMS.

2 Likes

Very interesting, I’ll have to try that out myself then :smiley:

Assuming Jeff ever sends me my deck :frowning_face:

1 Like

You wouldn’t happen to be able to show me if the 4p fits with screws in horizontally would you? I’m surprised they even fit since they’re 168 long without screws

And the neo deck enclosure space is listed as 160:

Is this image wrong or am I reading it wrong?

im putting a 10s5p in my one and having the cells much more closer and tight so I can fit a 4.20 dual plus and a bms in the deck.

2 Likes

I don’t have 4P modules, sorry. 3P barely fit horizontally, so if you need 4P, do it how OP did. Switching to 21700 cells is probably a better idea though.

1 Like

I would but the 21700 Wouldn’t fit height wise since they’re 26mm.

I wondering how they hell @Tbone managed to fit 4p modules horizontally.

Also do you get any wheel bite with the riser @Tbone?