*SCAM ALERT* neoHUB Group Buy (Same as loaded motor but sensored)

The PU is very tight fitting on the motor. It has no slop. The Japanese magnet we use and the winding have small air gap and let the motor spin smooth. And the PU is 77A.

16 Likes

Mine are definitely louder, especially in lower speeds. Wowgo 2s hubs. Not sure if it makes a difference if i were to use them with a vesc.

3 Likes

Ugghh I might have to do another short board build, these are looking very choice now.

3 Likes

Any update on which front wheels you’ll be including with your boards? Boas?

For now we using our white 90mm wheel. But we still need to testing this boa wheel. It fits nicer because is wider.

4 Likes

wow nice!

I’d be scared shitless going at your top speed on such a small board though :astonished:

Sorry -DNS has nothing to do with it. This IP address is one of 2,097,152 in that /11 address block China Telecom has allocated for the Guangdong province. This block seems to be used for fixed-line services, since the mobile network IP addresses are allocated under the name China Mobile in the APNIC registry. As far as I can find, China Telecom operates consumer lines the same way as ISPs in the west (i.e. provides an xDSL/FTTP connection that has its own IP address). It would be unbelievable if two unrelated facilities either shared the same connection or happened to have been assigned the same IP address, within a day (let’s not forget the temporal relationship).

Also let’s not ignore the 2nd recorded pair of addresses, are allocated to Google, for Google Cloud services. I’m not sure what service could be running there (some sort of proxy or VPN). It could be the Compression Proxy service that IIRC Chrome for Android has as a feature. On its own it’s not strong evidence, but it adds up to the already extremely thin odds.

Sorry, I don’t mean to be a dick, I loved jeff’s persona in the forum and sure as hell want to trust him. I was excited to finally be able to get some outwheels for my R2, and to have an affordable high-current VESC implementation now that Focbox is out of the picture. And to have someone that seems capable of developing and delivering bespoke things like that. But we can’t brush this off as a strange coincidence, or a conspiracy theory. I’m willing to bet that if the forum admin run an COUNT/GROUP BY sql query in the users table, the collisions of IP addresses between supposingly unrelated users would be in the range of 0.x% at most.

12 Likes

Yes!!! 100+ mm needed wanted!

2 Likes

Only 90mm. 100mm is too big for making on this neoHUB.

4 Likes

Is that because the urethane will not hold or the torque would be too low? Other companies like Meepo and Bustin have very low kv motors and 100mm sleeves, although that appears to be the current cap on hubs at the moment

Here’s my 100mm bustin motor sleeve! It’s possible!

4 Likes

It’s too big a PU for the motor, it will make it overheat too quickly and lose too much torque.

1 Like

Yes of course its possible but not meaning its going to be good.

13 Likes

:neutral_face: hmmmm

Would it be possible to have a polymer or aluminum ‘mid core’ between the hub rotor and the sleeve so there is a several mm ventilation? Maybe a 8mm perforated mesh for air flow

2 Likes

It would need a motor design change. The PU right now is very tight so it can’t slip.

When is the next group buy?

2 Likes

Our website will be updated this weekend.

6 Likes

I think once all people from the last group get and test maybe there will be some minor changes.

I’m looking forward to see how they do long term.

2 Likes

I’m excited too, I’m looking for some quality hubs for a small board and these seem awesome.

1 Like

Something like this? The cover plate that holds the PU concentric would have to have the same pattern as the mesh, but the mesh could have the same inner shape as the current PU so not change to the rotor and stator except a low kV winding. The mesh and sleeve could either be combined like the PU on a normal polymer core, or they could have a spline pattern so either could be replaced

3 Likes