NeoBox Testing Results V6 (serious)

I checked all the connections on the board and found no obvious causes for concern. Went back to the neighborhood, did the same route yesterday, again today, and could not recreate the issue. i’m convinced the overvolt events are PEBRAS errors not related to NEOBox. Cautiously optimistic!

4 Likes

What is pebras error?

2 Likes

Problem
Exists
Between
Remote
And
Skateboard

:crazy_face:

9 Likes

Reminds me of PICNIC:
Problem
In
Chair
Not
In
Computer

3 Likes

Diamond Head Loop no issues.
95kg rider
156mm (actual) pneumatic tires @65psi
12s4p p42 cells
fw 4.2
FOC
Flipsky Antispark
Herringbone gear drive 13/43T

6 Likes

Dawn Patrol run today yielded a DRV error however there were unusual circumstances and occured about the time i disconnected the power. an unexpected downpour without immediate shelter put me in a very wet scenario. Metr split the run into (2) logs with the brief stop for images, both are posted below but should be considered a single test . The enclosure internals were dry. I’ll attempt to recreate the issue this weekend, hopefully sans heavy weather. If the DRV is repeatable i’ll log it in the report form

95kg rider
156mm (actual) pneumatic tires @65psi
12s4p p42 cells
fw 4.2
FOC
Flipsky Antispark this thing has been been wonky so i removed, this run was w/o loopkey
Herringbone gear drive 13/43T

9 Likes

Some very short rides, unfortunately the covid crisis is deminishing my riding possibilities

4 Likes

Another succesful ride, I am running fw 3.58 btw, since that’s the last ‘stable’ tool I had on my laptop at the time.

8 Likes

Thanks team that’s fantastic feedback! It looks like Jeff indeed bring the goods.
Keep it up, I am comfortable buying NEOESC (TM Pending) now. I would avoid 4.02 for now I am having many issues with it on 3 of my boards.

4 Likes

what issues are u having on the 4’s? I just bought neo v4…thought it was same as focbox, which is known for reliability (right?)

think he’s referring to the fw 4.02, not neobox 4

4 Likes

ah k. thanks

1 Like

Yep that wasn’t clear I was talking Vedder Firmware version. The 4 Neos are based heavily on tried and tested OG focbox design I very much doubt you will have any major issues there. I had some reservations about V6 neo but looking good going through the logs.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, why? The change from V4 > V6 hardware is a different DRV, extra sampling shunt and some pinout changes for the most part which when they already had the V4 Focbox Gerber from their process, are a relatively simple change all things considered.

is anyone running these bad boys at 13s?

3 Likes

I second this question??

I’m gonna run them 13s at the end of this month right @kook

This guy yearns for usage…

12 Likes

That 13s5p glory :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m connecting this to a 13s4p pack

2 Likes

I may also run the full production versions of these on 13S in the future, especially if you gents are paving the way.

I was thinking about running my pair on 13s as well, but I only have a pair of 6s BMS’s.