NeoBox Testing Results V4 (serious)

Alright since not a lot of people seem to be posting the v4 I’ll give a quick update, motor detection and calibration were successful, setting up FOC and detection were also successful on the stock firmware.

11 Likes

Have you gone out for a ride yet?

Ive gone on several rides… pushed em to 36mph. Not one hiccup. The UART has been giving me issues but luckily not the metr. Davega had its problems and I kinda gave up on it.

2 Likes

The V4s held up so far, pushed them to 45mph but not really sure I trust them past that.

Edit: thats not a dig on the neobox either, just VESCs do strange things above 40mph.

6 Likes

How do I view the answers to the report form? Is there a google sheet or something?

Did you swap the tx and rx lead on the davega cable connector?

I don’t think it will be available to view until the reporting is done, no one has had a neobox specific problem yet I dont think.

3 Likes

That’s the plan, I think the sheet is set to visible though if peeps want to check it out in real time. So far no high level issues have been logged.

1 Like

No, got everything buttoned up only to realize it wouldn’t charge :sob: currently trouble shooting.

3 Likes

Update, my wing man buddah came in clutch and showered some good karma on me, was just the socket, we’re back in business.

11 Likes

TLDR…

Did any of you kooks try latest greatest fw upgrades? Or y"all running as shipped fw?

1 Like

As shipped, 3.65.

1 Like

fam - not to rush anyone to a decision but would be great to see a formal opinion from each of the testers. my intent is to regularly check the thread and link to each individual’s comment and link them in the first post of the thread through the end of April. After this time the clean up will be ongoing but irregular.
@Dred @Bobby @Soflo @itsrow @xsynatic @XBoard @Schulerbible @jack.luis @Sn4Pz @Creavenger @Arzamenable @XBoard

4 Likes

My packs almost ready!

4 Likes

checking my mailbox twice daily

cummm-on NeoBoxes!

3 Likes

I believe I voted a while ago. Currently my neobox build is down until I receive my new adapter from servisas but they have worked flawlessly at a much lower temperature. No issues using ackmaniac whatsoever

4 Likes

What adaptor do you need?

1 Like

Go on…

1 Like

Bergmeister adapter. Lets the nano geardrive use bergs. My old one got the bearing stuck and couldnt get it removed.

Oh, I’m fresh out of those. If you’re hot and bothered to ride, you can borrow a drive train (pneumatics I presume).

1 Like