NeoBox Testing Results V4 (serious)

Thatā€™s the plan, I think the sheet is set to visible though if peeps want to check it out in real time. So far no high level issues have been logged.

1 Like

No, got everything buttoned up only to realize it wouldnā€™t charge :sob: currently trouble shooting.

3 Likes

Update, my wing man buddah came in clutch and showered some good karma on me, was just the socket, weā€™re back in business.

11 Likes

TLDRā€¦

Did any of you kooks try latest greatest fw upgrades? Or y"all running as shipped fw?

1 Like

As shipped, 3.65.

1 Like

fam - not to rush anyone to a decision but would be great to see a formal opinion from each of the testers. my intent is to regularly check the thread and link to each individualā€™s comment and link them in the first post of the thread through the end of April. After this time the clean up will be ongoing but irregular.
@Dred @Bobby @Soflo @itsrow @xsynatic @XBoard @Schulerbible @jack.luis @Sn4Pz @Creavenger @Arzamenable @XBoard

4 Likes

My packs almost ready!

4 Likes

checking my mailbox twice daily

cummm-on NeoBoxes!

3 Likes

I believe I voted a while ago. Currently my neobox build is down until I receive my new adapter from servisas but they have worked flawlessly at a much lower temperature. No issues using ackmaniac whatsoever

4 Likes

What adaptor do you need?

1 Like

Go onā€¦

1 Like

Bergmeister adapter. Lets the nano geardrive use bergs. My old one got the bearing stuck and couldnt get it removed.

Oh, Iā€™m fresh out of those. If youā€™re hot and bothered to ride, you can borrow a drive train (pneumatics I presume).

1 Like

I actually have 3 other working boards at home. Been riding every day for the most part. Just fixing up cosmetic things here and there

2 Likes

As of this writing I have been testing the Neobox V4 in a dual driver configuration powering two maytech 6374 190kv sensored motors set to a max motor amp draw of 60a running off a custom 50v - 17ah Sanyo 12s4p pack. Under normal commuting speeds (15-20mph avg) I have experienced zero faults or systemic hardware failure to date, with a minimum riding threshold of 7mph and a maximum sustained speed of 40mph. During the extended long range test the EBmaker anti-park switch I was using failed closed under sustained load, but likely unrelated to any ESC related hardware functions.
That being Said I have had less than ten hours in total of road testing. So I will summarize my key test points below.

FIRMWARE: v3.62

FOC DETECTION PASS/FAIL: PASS
FOC SPIN UP PASS FAIL: PENDING
BLDC MOTOR DETECTION PASS/FAIL: PASS
BLDC MOTOR SPIN UP: PASS
SYS TEST SUSTAIN ON PASS/FAIL: PASS
SYS HARDWARE READ WRITE PASS/FAIL: PASS

Closing Notes:
While I found no consistent issues with hardware operations, I did struggle to accommodate the internal wire routing design and while it is visually pleasing, I still find the original top slot design a more adaptable and efficient design vs the enclosed routing and feel this should be addressed in further revisions to the production hardware, especially in relation to the placement and accessibility of the PPM stand off pins.

In summary apart from a few small physical qualms with the design I find the Neobox v4 to be consistently reliable and mostly straightforward to install and configure using the stock settings.

14 Likes

if you mean, that you feel, that the case was designed upside down, and the bottom should just be a flat heat-sink and the rest of the enclosure (case) majestically slips over the top covering everythingā€¦ I 100% agree

5 Likes

well stated thanks @Dred linked to the first post

2 Likes

yeah I am still not hot on the inverted arrangement.

4 Likes

I have about 15 hours / 300km on my neoboxes now, running sensored FOC 80Bat/100Motor/-15Bat/-60 motor without a fault or any problem VESC related. Never reached thermal limit on VESC but Southeastern Canada is flat :expressionless:. I would happily recommend the V4 as an available replacement for focboxes and in the future I plan to acquire some v6 neoboxes. Only issue that was really minor I had with the micro USB port is such a pain in the ass to use but thereā€™s a technique and Iā€™m at the wrong angle etc.

Edit I also run at about 55-59k ERPM, if thatā€™s of any interest to people, no DRV faults yet.

8 Likes

I think @jeffwuneo said the first big production run (after the test run, from which your neobox came) will address these design issues you mentionā€¦since we havenā€™t see pics yet that remains to be confirmed, but hopefully weā€™ll get those soon.

1 Like