*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I’ll be making this part of my work commuter for the month while I’m home, as the snow is less of an issue in Westchester. I’m really hoping to get the weekends off to come to the city dressed like a snowman for some group rides ^^

Are there any requests from everyone else for things we should test? I’ll do BLDC or FOC, whatever is requested… I’ll have a metr, USplit, ossr, and a dAvega hooked up the the Uart ports… battery capable of 100a cont… Urethane wheels

I don’t think I’ve see any specifics from Jeff :thinking:

4 Likes

test the max amp rating for battery going on a long uphill

5 Likes

I’ve got a few good hills (driveways for big corperate buildings) where I can test Accel and breaking over a long distance :+1:

I don’t believe I can run
a sensored setup. My motors don’t have their encoder magnet anymore, hopefully that’s not an issue x)

2 Likes

I’ll take it up twin peaks a few times in SF, if that doesn’t kill it it’s bulletproof.

8 Likes

I recall some people complaining on the old forum that they would prefer XT90, but I personally am happy about this decision, because XT60 is smaller, yet still supports the max 60A current the ESC can handle, so it is perfect! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hell Yeah :ok_hand:

2 Likes

what were people pushing the OG focboxes? 80a?

1 Like

Can, but is not needing. neoBOX we send before neoHUB.

2 Likes

High quality XT60 we use can support some higher current and we using 12AWG wire, so is ok.

5 Likes

Dude you should ride with us sometime. Baesk8 on Facebook

2 Likes

Is important for testing all. Use for same as any ESC, and making sure it can work for daily need. We build these for reliable, so is ok for daily using in all extreme.

3 Likes

Kellen you really need sleep sweetheart.

1 Like

What this?

1 Like
4 Likes

You keep me up a night :rofl:

1 Like

You should let Scott test this, he’ll actually run it. I’ve killed kalys and such on that hill climb

Already put in my order for the first wave of test units lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My engineer install latest firmware for ESC and bootloader for both ESC. We think should finishing SMT and testing in 10-12 day.

13 Likes

I’ve been running 80A for each of my focboxes.

1 Like

Can run same for our, but need heatsink.

4 Likes