Neo Deck Build (Name ideas wanted)

This is really funny.

8 Likes

Boundmotor = Neo = Jedboards = Jeremy

4 Likes

nice build. The board made me think of Kuala Lumpur for some reason? It kind of has Hawaiian colors - I realize Kuala Lumpur is in Malaysia… But that’s my vote for the name “Kuala” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is that true?

2 Likes

to the best of my knowledge, yes.

8 Likes

+1 for “The Wu Thane Clan”

10 Likes

Dude I’m so glad you made this build thread I remember when you wanted those caliber hangers and I had those shitty scratched up ones :joy: this is definitely one of my favorite Builds from last year I have a question did you do anything to the lid I love the black edging did you add any extra strength or support to the lid?

2 Likes

7 Likes

Just to clarify on this. i dont think this esc uses a custom vesc firmware.

My understanding is that this esc has a separate microcontroller that communicates with the vesc firmware over uart. This uart interface provides the battery voltages which are sent to the remote and its also used to set vesc parameters when modes are changed.

Newer vesc firmware’s include changes to the uart protocall so updating the firmware breaks the remote functions, but downgrading back to an older stock FW fixes this again.

I have this ESC in a board currently running FW5 with no issues (not using remote features).

They are under no obligation to provide code for their own micro that sits outside the main MCU.

7 Likes

Atleast the 3 last is correct.
If anyone wants to find “Jeff” try this:

Sandy Tan

Shenzhen Hi-tech Industrial Park

Level 1, C1 Building

Shenzhen Guangdong

+86 185 6681 0085

6 Likes

@DavidF

6 Likes

:crazy_face:

:rofl:

1 Like

fair point, updated the post so that “vesc” is only used when referring to firmware not hardware. wouldn’t want to wake up frank now.

3 Likes

I think it’s hilarious that he gets so upset about the the V word but I do like the videos that his crew make they seem like cool dudes but Frank :thinking:

1 Like

its fine, give it a year and no one will use the v word anymore.

3 Likes

Not yet, but its something ive been aware of for a little while, im sure its Jeramy’ 3rd attempt

1 Like

True that, i feel like we all got tired about arguing on that with trampa and surrendered, i already see it a lot less

1 Like

That clarifies a lot! Thank you!

Thanks! The black edging is just vinyl that I had cut. It’s held on by the spray griptape I used on top of it so no real reinforcement to the lid.

1 Like

I should do something with the Jeff hubs I have and call it the

Wud’nt fit tang thane :joy:

2 Likes