Need your suggestions for my build / Vanguard, Paris trucks, cloudwheels....

Light bouncy castle board surprise for a friend of mine. He does not know anything. So if he does not want it(I do not think this will be the case.) I will just give it to anyone who wants to ride with me.

Deck: Loaded Vanguard have

Trucks: Paris v2 180mm have

Wheels: 120mm Cloudwheels have

Motor-Mount: Dickyho for Paris trucks but I think the short version or long version
not sure yet if we go with reverse motors.

Motor: 1x6354 from Flipsky

Vesc: Any budget vesc`s out there that are not garbage? Maybe the refurbished Trampa any suggestions here are very much appreciated!

Battery: Planning to build a 12s2p from either Samsung 40T or P42A from moli.
I just need a source for either in Europe. Nkon and Fogstar are out of stock for the moli.

Enclosure:
I want to go for a Box-Enclosure but am not in the market for those, I have seen some weapon cases for around 25€ like this:
Kurzwaffen- Box wasserdicht nach IP 67, stoßfest und staubdicht
Sadly it is a little big for my application. :smiley:

2 Likes

The build actually sounds really promising but personally I would change some small details:

I would get a dual motor setup in that case cuz the extra 150€ for an extra motor and a dual VESC instead of a single is so worth it.

The battery is a perfect choice for a small and compact build like that and still packing huge amps and enough range.

I would buy a custom double enclosure for the vanguard tho as it looks much cleaner orrr u just buy a double enclosure from a Chinese company like Meepo but the down side will be that u will only be able to fit 10s2p instead of 12s. (If you are interested, I have a almost new double Meepo enclosure you can buy off me)

For a VESC I highly recommend a Flipsky dual 6.6 mini. I have two of them installed on two of my boards, one a mountain board with a huge battery and another small cruiser board and the esc is holding up to everything I push on it

2 Likes

There is definitely room to go reverse mount because you have to top-mount the Vanguard. Personally, I think being able to lift the board to mall grab it by stepping on the tail is a MASSIVE win. Plus it looks cleaner.

There are really solid enclosure designs for this deck. @eBoosted makes several extremely nice fiberglass enclosures for the Vanguard including one that fits 12S4P, they also come with ESC enclosures which matches and look killer. https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/loaded-vanguard-enclosure-set-12s4p/

If those are out of your price range. There are also some good looking design files floating around for Vanguard enclosures. Such as this one: Loaded Vanguard 10s4p Enclosure by ultimiant - Thingiverse
If you don’t know someone with a 3D printer you can have a commercial 3D print shop whip one up for not a ton of money.

Also this!! :point_up_2:

2 Likes

This is one of the cleanest vanguard build I saw, take a look at it and get motivated and go ahead and start building

2 Likes

Thats my main my main Board for over a year know. I can really recommend the enclosures from eboosted. Be careful with the cloudwheels. My cores broke after the first month. Hopefully the new ones are better.

3 Likes

Woow what happened with your mount to be so bent like that ??

i’ve been using my beta test batch of 105 discovery cloudwheels, they are still going strong (im at around 200km with them), the issue is most likely fixed since then

1 Like

They are not bent. That’s just the perspective. They may have been on a little crooked but I fixed that with some additional support.