Need some help with first Board

Yes

The few times Iā€™ve used a keyway it was such a tight fit i didnā€™t really need a grub screw. Just a small dab of blue loctite and it never moved.

I definitely couldnā€™t slide my pulley on and off like that.

I used keyway pulleys on my APS motors, had to destroy them to remove them, no loctite.

BTW, superb infomercial hand gesture.

ā€œTired of motor pulleys without set screws? With the Pullinator 9000, those days are gone.ā€

7 Likes

Same here. My other boardā€™s pulleys require a chisel to pry it away from the mount. This was new to me.

Maybe you need different keys?

That or the gear got drilled a bit too large. Weā€™ll see how it looks tomorrow.

1 Like

@BillGordon this?
https://metro-board.com/shop/motor-pulley-removal-tool/

Yes, that makes a great Pullinator 9000.

1 Like

hereā€™s one a little cheaperā€¦

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-4611-Battery-Terminal-Puller/dp/B000ZIZ32W

1 Like

You guys are nuts with the loctite! :grimacing:

Just put a tiny dab around the top of one side of the thread, a drop. Thatā€™ll secure it. If any more is needed thereā€™s a larger issue.

@Venom121212 I have two motor pulleys that I 680ā€™d on with no key or grub. Literally just lubed them up and slid them on. Cured for about 18 hours and then Iā€™ve ridden them for a substantial amount of miles. This is exactly what 680 was designed for, pulley securing. Itā€™s magical stuff, with a key itā€™ll be perfecto. Just remember that it cures in the absence of air, so even after 12 hours there might be a little external excess thatā€™s still liquid, just wipe it away and leave it for another 6 hours.

Iā€™m not advocating using 680 as a replacement for a keyway but it most certainly works. Brian might get me in the night though :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Hello everyone. My name is Brent and Iā€™m here to admit my mistakes and eat shit in front of my peers. One of my pulleys gave way this morning andā€¦ literally one day after making that claim :joy:

6 months of riding on it but ultimately you probably shouldnā€™t do it.

7 Likes

Just one day later :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Those suckers are retained! Luckily I have a key so if it fails, it can only slide laterally. Sorry you jinxed your hard work

1 Like