Need some confirmation

Oh, can I run custom scripts on a torque 6? I have been trying to contact Torqueboards but several emails over several days are just not answered and I need this done asap

1 Like

Hmmm… can’t find anything called Torque6 or anything like that on their site. Sorry to keep bothering. You have a link?

1 Like

dex at TB is hard to reach most of the time. All VESC based ESCs can do most of the same functions. Torque 6 is only sold over Email as it is pre-release testing right now. The actual reason I recommend you get a TB6 is they run much cooler and kick the ass of the TB esc you linked and fail much much less, for not a ton more money.

The Torque 6 makes my 110 wheel loose grip on smooth dry ground. You want them for real life testing your wheels.
The power supply you are talking about sounds like it would work great, I was just pointing out how it seems to me like a cheaper and more available solution is a battery.
@SoCalLA what spare parts you tryin to get rid of?

2 Likes

Ah, I see. The only reason why I shy away from a battery is because it might run down the battery really fast and then I have to keep charging and thus have downtime, which I don’t want.

I really appreciate your feedback. Yeah, I’ll take a look. Sold me on it

2 Likes

Can it be connected to the computer and can you actuate the motor with the keyboard key?

Good to know on the torque. I’ll be doing 100% full throttle and doing a lot of PWM between 0% and 100%.

1 Like

that’s why I said it would be fed by a power supply but it could be even a very small sub >10A unit which you might already have one of that spec. Set the power supply to 80% charge and you get brakes and unlimited energy.

@CiscoV loves the Twerkboxv6esc

also you got parts for this guy or what?

2 Likes

sold me again. Thanks for your input!

1 Like

To each its own. Those vesc are legit at a very very affordable price. I Highly recommend them :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

you should get @DRI to hook you up with the New NRF stuff you will love wifi

The vesc has a terminal where you can use some number of commands that would prob accomplish your goal.

Sorry. One more question. What do you mean by “Sub”. That must be some sort of slang for power supply?

Thanks!

1 Like

darngit it was just regretting using both “sub” and < together as that is an error

I am not sure how much current will be required to run your jig but it will only be the average draw using a battery bank. Should be less than 10A

1 Like

this is not what I was looking for, wanted a list of the commands available.
“I want to use the VESC Tool to control a test motor on my dyno, e.g. to set up different rpm’s in a sequence”
huh lol thought this was you for a sec dude

@TheDude get anywhere with this? not you?

1 Like

I don’t think I have anything, exactly, what you need. I have 6 lipo packs ( 2 have < 20 cycles, 2 have < 15 cycles, & 2 have < 7 cycles.)

Got 2 Turnigy SK3 6374 192KV, hardly used. But @deadpirate might want 'em on Tuesday (if he hasn’t already found something.
Also, I have various pulleys, belts, 200x50 tires/tubes, rockstar 2’s, probably some other random shit.
Oh…got a nice little balance charger, and balance boards.
You guys are probably way deeper into this thing than I am. Lol.

2 Likes

kek you did not read the beginning, oh even then it is not obvious.
He is “DIYing” his own wheels
is it still DIY if you get it made overseas?
@Boardnamics weigh in, do you DIY your parts?
@TheGoodMomentum I would have named this thread “help making testing jig for hollow wheels”
right now it is hiding.

2 Likes

I’m still good for Tuesday

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CERcwSMJ6Yv/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
https://www.instagram.com/p/B92Jy-dJBLa/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

soem inspiration
2 Likes

yes, this is exactly what I’m doing, but I’m actually putting it on more realistic testing and at elevated temperature, which is what really kills wheels and the wheel is going to be driven.

2 Likes

I have a boiler room in my house that is always super hot, maybe if I can throw a rig together I could test a sample wheel.

1 Like

Yeah, that could work. I’m still working out the mechanical fixture, which is where all the money is going. Lots of custom metal parts, which is why I’m trying to cut cost where I can. If it is affordable, then that would be helpful and I’ll send it over. All that is really needed for temp is just any off the shelf space heater. I’m just going to point it directly at the wheel

1 Like

Where do you live?

1 Like