need help with first off-road E-skateboard build.

what’s up guys. so I just got a flipsky FSESC4.20 dual vesc and I’m having troubles figuring out vesc tool and also a bit on the wiring. I’m using SENSORED 6374 motors and they are missing the temp sensor which no big deal I made adapters and the hall sensors should still be attached to the correct places but now what I’m stuck on is the phase wires. with it being sensored does they’re orientation matter (A, B, C)? I keep finding a lot of mixed opinions on that. and with vesc tool I don’t know how to setup the motors to be sensored when I run the motor setup wizard they automatically go to sensorless but there’s a lot of other features on there I’m just not acclimated to yet. one other thing is my remote, I got a flipsky vx2 pro with the fancy colored screen and shit and I cannot figure out how to get it to display things like mph and battery level?

1 Like

The phase wire order doesn’t really matter, as you can reverse the direction of the motors in the VESC app. Though, if one wanted them to go the right direction from the rip, one would be abc, and the other one would be cba. It doesn’t matter of you get this wrong, just don’t let them touch one another, metal to metal, while the board is powered on or it will destroy your ESC. In the VESC app, on the motor settings page there is a tab called ‘sensors’, and the top dropdown menu has a list of selections from which you can choose ‘hall sensors’. However, since the motor detection didn’t detect them, it’s possible they aren’t connected properly, so you should double check to insure everything is correct. You should probably watch a video about this process. The following is a good tutorial, even though it’s a different ESC, the process is mostly the same- you just want to use smaller current settings that match your 4.20. Take them from the product page.

The most important thing to remember when using the app is to always apply your settings to both sides of the ESC. You change sides through the CAN-devices submenu on the bottom left. You always use the ‘read motor configuration’ icon on the right of the screen, 3 icons down, and when you are ready to save the settings, you always use the "write motor configuration’ 5 icons down. Failing to do this can cause a lot of problems. I do the same thing when reading/changing app settings as well.