Need help finding a place to buy hardware for my trucks

Hello I need hardware for my build. I need the flat Allen style. I’m not sure what size I need or where to buy. I bought some on Amazon but they seem to be to skinny and not long enough with my riser pads. I have the size I need that came with my riser pads but they do not have the flat Allen heads on them. The heads on them do not go into fit into my antitank plates like the flat heads do. Here are some pictures with measurements. Thanks : )

Skate shops

Ace hardware or equivalent

Fastenal’s website

Personally I like the hands on approach at hardware stores so I can browse through options. You can match thread by either trying to thread into a nut or by lining up the threads.

Same thread

Different thread

2 Likes

iirc the metric equivalent of mounting hardware is M5, this is what I buy, black-oxide works but will eventually get a little rusty if exposed to water regularly. McMaster-Carr

2 Likes

second the m5’s. measure to see what length you need, but generally somewhere in the 1-2.5 inch range.

1 Like

Truck bolts are the only thing I haven’t switched to metric. Once upon a time I bought several bags of zinc plated steel 10/32 screws in the 3 lengths I use regularly and everytime I grab some out of a bag I tell myself to just order metric replacements. :man_facepalming:

Maybe 2023 will be my full metric year

1 Like

You can use either m5 x.8 flatheads 50mm long or 10-32 (Imperial) flatheads 2" long.
10-32 screws have a diameter of 4.7mm, and an 82 degree head vs 90 degree head for metric.
Your antisink plates have a 90 degree chamfer for m5, but 10-32, 82 degree works perfectly fine.
Only use screws that take allen wrenches, (not slotted or phillips for screwdrivers)
Make sure to get nylon lock nuts.
(It looks like you have 10-24 there)

3 Likes

Truck hardware is SAE 10-32 thread. (Freedom Units)

Truck hardware is an old standard from the 1970s. The only thing I like more than metric, are standards. The only standards that should be Freedom Units, are old standards, before we knew better.

These are the hardware I use. If you don’t know what size to get, I recommend 2" to begin with for electric skates, and 1.25" for analog skates. That length excludes the head.

0.75" (19mm)
1" (25mm)
1.25" (32mm)
1.5" (38mm)
1.75" (44mm)
2" (51mm)
2.25" (57mm)
2.5" (64mm)
2.75" (70mm)
3" (76mm)
3.5" (89mm)
4" (102mm)
5" (127mm)

10-32 locknuts

brass washers

M5 also works as others have mentioned but after using both I think I like being able to use skate tools so I stick to the standard.

Whatever you do, stay away from stainless steel.

1 Like

I use 1.25 as base, and add a quarter inch for each intended riser or bracket. I count a deck washer and shockpad together as one riser. One of my boards was running 3.5’s lmao.
I’ve been trying to find a good variety pack, but haven’t had any luck.

1 Like

I just use ones that are slightly too long and if it’s in the way or I feel frisky, grind off the extra.

Generally I usually only have 2" and 2.5" in stock.

The 2" size is really good FOR ME at usually being long enough, without being too long. Sometimes they aren’t and I use the 2.5". I also use risers a lot, so keep that in mind.

I think I might just order a hundred 3 inches and cut them to order, next time Im short. Lol.

I’m also in love with the brackets g bomb uses. Being able to just tighten the nut without touching the top side is awesome.

1 Like

I might add that the ones I linked, with a single washer on top of the deck, I can stand on those for hours and it doesn’t hurt my foot, they are low enough profile. It actually kinda helps with grip.

1 Like