Need help finding a 10S3P for cheap. On a tight budget

Would I find that In the description of the lipos

yeah it’s right in the title! Your screenshot above says 4500mAh 18.5V 5S 30C

Also here’s a diagram of the lipo I’m using, I’ll be using two so it’ll be double the amount

so using two doesn’t double every parameter, this is where you kind of need to know some basics of electronics. Gimme two secs and I’ll add some info

Ok, appreciate it

Here is another photo of my older setup (2 x 5s). You can clearly see how its done. this is not a bluetooth bms but same principle.

2 x series will give you 10s 4500mah at 30c.

30c x 4.5 / 3 = 45 amps continous.

Why divide by 3? because all lipo manufacturers lie so dividing by 3 is a good conservative estimate. You can charge these lipos 22.5amps n theory but thats way too much. charge at 1c which is 4.5a so they will go from 0-100 in about an hour.

2 Likes

Did you add that wire that’s connected to the two lipos and the wires you were explaining to me earlier that gets connected to the cable that’s connected to the lipos?

That’s just with charging or it’s completely different when driving power to the VESC and motor?

Yes, I highlighted in green. the lipo balance plug goes into the extension, which then wires into the harness that comes with the bms. Disconnect everything and the lipos look like how they come from the factory.

What do you mean? The power from the battery will be 45 amps and you can charge the battery at 4.5 amps.

The wires that’s on the lipos that’s connected to the green, was it that way or you had to add them on

Lipos come with balance wires. I added the wire/extension highlighted in green and connected them to the wires going into the bms.

Ok, when you have the chance could you take different angled pictures so I can see it more easily and follow it

Will do. :+1:

I appreciate the help a lot :100: and for stopping me from buying a shit battery from meepo

1 Like

Basic electronics guidelines:

Voltage adds in series. For connections, this means you start at the negative of one component (a battery in this case), go through to its positive, and then connect that to the negative of the next one. Voltage gets higher and higher for each battery it goes through, but the current still only has one path through so it doesn’t change.
batterySeries

Current adds in parallel. All the battery voltages are the same, but the current can flow through multiple paths at the same time so current capabilities increases with every extra parallel connection you make. You can see on the left here all the negatives are tied together, and all the positives are tied together.
batteryParallel

If you’ve got two 5S 4.5Ah 30C batteries and you put them in series, you get 2x the voltage at 10S, but the rest stays the same. 30C at 4.5Ah gives 145A. You don’t have any extra places for current to flow so the C doesn’t change.

If you put them in parallel, you don’t get any extra voltage because you have to tie the terminals together, but you do get extra current. So you have a 5S 9Ah 6̶0̶C̶ 30C battery. 30C at 9Ah gives 270A. Amps are real current, C is roughly “current as a proportion of the total capacity”, so it confused me there. Absolute current doubles, but current as a proportion of capacity doesn’t

I don’t think that’s actually how it works…

And when it’s in 10s, what does that do. Or nothing changes but the 10s

again I’m being a bit loose but I think it’s appropriate, two things here:

First is if you have two batteries it doesn’t really matter how you connect them, the capacity will be the exact same and the mileage will be roughly the same. Pretend it’s the same.

The other: Voltage is roughly proportional to speed. You want higher top speed, you need more voltage, more series connections. Torque is roughly proportional to acceleration. You want to push hard to get off the line, you need more parallel connections, more P groups