Need cnc aluminium - small pieces

I need 2 small things approx 10x10x5cm cnc cut from aluminium.

Can anyone help me out? Happy to pay cash or swap parts

talk to @akhlut

2 Likes

5cm is too thick

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

If you don’t find anyone willing to do it. I can help. Only thing I wouldn’t call 10x10x5cm a small thing :grin: You are already cutting out all the router there. If it’s not sentitive material you can show me the file and I can tell if I can do it :wink:

3 Likes

yeah I totally guessed the dimensions previously while doing 10 other things. here are the real dimensions:

Radius 15mm x 12mm high

I cm’ed when I shoulda been mm’ing. I have brought shame upon my family and my clan

@rey8801 @akhlut - can you deal with this size?

3 Likes

@mmaner thanks for the tagging :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can, but that size is good for router too. So don’t want to take the job to who really want it or need it. As I said in case you don’t find someone I can help. No problem :blush:

1 Like

thanks @rey8801 :slight_smile: you are a star

2 Likes

No problem. I also simply know how much sucks have something in mind and just a piece of milled aluminium too far to be real :joy:

3 Likes

Well I have a 3d print, which should hold and use a fantastic factory who make amazing stuff like my motor mounts with a 5 axis cnc machine but I have some testing to do first before ordering enough units to make it worthwhile for the factory

it’s the circular middle piece from here:

I am testing a design for a new truck type, have printed 100% infill in ABS but still not really happy about riding that if it’s not aluminium

Yeh it’s ok to make it not a problem.
Woow amazing have access to a 5 axis cnc. For motor mint sounds a bit overkilled but for other application for sure priceless.

well the access. it’s very much a commercial arrangement where they charge me for their time and materials, but I am grateful to them as their work is amazing and they usually deal with much bigger quantities than I order. I guess it pays to be nice :slight_smile:

If i ever win the mega lottery I will buy one of those sexy 5 axis beasts just for my use

2 Likes

You just need a couple of grand for that :slight_smile:
Pocket cnc 5 axis

Do you have cnc experience? Just saying because in case starts from a 5 axis cnc is not a one day thing. Anyhow I fully agree thinking of upgrade mine every day… It’s a torture :joy:. You can get a small 4th or 5th axis for a reasonable price. Of course not for fast production parts, but for my jobs is totally fine

3 Likes

if i win the mega lottery I am going to need a hobby or two on top of feeding and looking after the otters on my brand new otter sanctuary, building boards and polishing that Citation Jet :slight_smile: Learning 5 axis cnc on a top end machine should fit the bill :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course. You can hire someone for private lesson. You will learn really fast in that case

I’ll send a brand new jet full of otters to pick you up so you can give me some lessons :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ahahah we ll thanks but not so good in 5 axis cnc. I am virtually learning though. Maybe one day I will pull the trigger :blush:
3 axis cnc is ok :smile: