(Need Advice) Dual 6374 | Stormcore 60D | 12s4P | LY Switchblade

Fits even 12s4p p42 routed to be longer, or 12s6p (maybe 7p?) Double stack. Way better than 30q at price/amp/wh

1 Like

12s8p 30Q:
160A discharge
24Ah capacity
227.52GBP + VAT from Fogstar

12s6p p42a:
150A discharge (Although I guess you could do 180A for bursts)
25.2Ah capacity
208.08GBP + VAT from Fogstar

Oh wow, you’re right! I don’t know if a 21700 double stack fits though…

1 Like

Staggered should fit with a soft 7-8mm gasket compressed down to 3-4mm maybe (and longer screws!)
Also, 30q’s are 15A rated, we run them at 20 like filthy animals
P42’s are rated 30A but take 45A (like 30q’s do 20A)
At the same discharge the 42’s will be less stressed and get a slightly higher total wh rating (if i remember right a 30q at 15A gets a bit over 5wh)

Also, take into account the builder’s costs. Most do price/cell so you save about 25% in the handwork as well

1 Like

if your avg moving speed is 25-30kph, 40km range is realistic. (flats, no wind, 170lb rider)
if you’re a speed demon hitting 60kph at every possible opportunity, then you’d need a bigger battery

1 Like

its a good deck, but brand new is nearly unobtainium rn, since LY isn’t making any new deck due to covid.

other specs are looking good :ok_hand:t2: also get the puck, u won’t regret it

I’ll go for a hummie deck then, seems like the best choice for the job given what’s available.
Thanks for the input! I’ll probably check some extra regarding battery configuration with @Acido :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In case that didn’t sell you already, the hummie deck is really damn stable and pretty much any build drop through with at least 110mm wheels goes straight to the ultraboards thread on this forum lol
Pic for posterity

3 Likes

I’ve ridden a lot of boards and I do have to say hummie builds are one of my favorites to ride.
My first was a hummie build and I definitely would do it again (sold) and hope to some day.

On right

2 Likes

Hexagon grip tape, where from? :c

The floor of @DerelictRobot