My rookie Battery build so far

It’s My first time soldering and building my own eskate, but all the connections are solid and stay attached while trying to pull of the wires.

Some of the wires connecting the packs in series are a bit long and end over top each other. I was going to put some Kapton tap or fishpaper to seperate them so I don’t have one hot wire on top of another.

Your thoughts and any advice going forward is much appreciated.

thanks!

2 Likes

Looks hella better than my first attempt! Nice work id say. Depending on cell specs and expected current draw make sure ur rated in all areas!

1 Like

Looks great for a first attempt.

Try pulling each of those wires off at each end of the wire. If you can pull any off, then they need to be redone anyway.

thanks guys! I have pulled on the wires and they stay connected even when pulling pretty damn hard. What do you think about the fact that some of the wires, the first wires I cut and soldered, are sitting on top of each other? I halfway have been thinking I would reheat them to get em off and replace with shorter ones that don’t land on top of each other, but not sure it’s necessary since the connections are solid /not pulling off? Maybe putting some fish paper on top off the lower wire to separate from the upper one will be fine. I will be attaching the BMS and shrink wrapping tonight.

Imo that’s not a big deal. When we talk about dangerous shorts, it’s typically having to do with a short where the voltages are significantly different between the two potential connections. In this case, both terminals are already connected via series or parallel. I wouldn’t resolder.

Also, great looking attempt for a first battery from what I can see… bravo :clap:

2 Likes