My new (USED) lacroix arrived dead - please help

Defaulted on, would have to be disabled

2 Likes

i had a dead 10S pack once (was 6V total), bypassed the bms and could charge it with a regular brick cc/cv charger (not every unit may let you do this) -/e don’t charge to full, only to 3.8v nominal and top up normally with BMS. This is not advisable and if you try this supervise the whole charging process.

1 Like

This, and really hoping seller didn’t know.

1 Like

how much did you pay for the thing if you dont mind me asking?

1 Like

Bump charging is possible but the real issue is that the cells are undoubtedly damaged and the pack isn’t safe to run anymore. It’s also a tricky procedure and you need something to limit the current to just a trickle. OP is much better off replacing the battery.

6 Likes

it’s pretty easy procedure imo, and the pack feels just as powerfull as before

2 Likes

Perhaps, but it’s almost universally regarded as a bad idea from a safety standpoint.

6 Likes

i already said it’s not advisable :innocent:

1 Like

@Shadowfax damn that sucks

1 Like

@esk8noob seller offered it to me for $1800 shipped with a new hoyt puck.

Not the find of the century, but I think that it’s a fair price if the battery was working.

1 Like

@kilow yeah I’m really wishing I had picked up your Nazare instead. :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah what a bummer

1 Like

fortunately it’s back up, no one in Connecticut knows how to ship anything international.

edit: nevermind it sold

The seller is saying the board was fine when he shipped it.

I just noticed that the moisture indicator sticker is red. Does that mean it has been exposed to water?

1 Like
  • EDIT: DO NOT DO THIS it was a stupid idea that I did on the sellers insistence. It created a seriously damaged battery, wildly out of balance, and I’m lucky I didn’t start a battery fire when I charged it. I’m leaving this post in existence because it captures a moment of blissful ignorance

Holy shit. I think it’s fixed. I talked with the seller today and he was shared that he double checked everything before shipping and the board was working great, and the p groups were well balanced. Might sound naive, but I really do trust him after talking through it with him.

He recommended spinning the wheels with another board to “kick-start” the bms. He said he had to do that on his nazare once. I was like, ok, that doesn’t make any sense because the battery is at like 4v, but I don’t have anything to lose.

I did this for about a minute and them the BMS woke up, and the battery accepted charge when I plugged it in. This is immediately screenshotted when the BMS woke up.

Best I can tell, the cells somehow drained down during shipping. I don’t understand how the pack was able to come back to life with the “kick-start” method. Is there a low voltage cutoff somewhere built into Lacroix batteries? Or is something else happening that I’m unaware of?

The pack is charging and seems to be balancing well.

9 Likes

This is phenomenally weird…lol someone please explain

14 Likes

Dark magic…

2 Likes

The only thing i can come up with is that lacroix sticks a secret voltage cutoff thing in their pack somewhere. But I’m literally guessing. I have no fucking clue. I’m just hoping this thing gets to 4.1v per p group.

3 Likes

:partying_face: nice at least it seems to be charging

1 Like

Buck convertor or sentinel board maybe being a parasitic draw

1 Like