My integrated deck project continues | Test monkeys found

One more. The pin-tail. This is the last of this group. I’ve got more coming, but I want to focus on testing and improving these at the moment. I also need to make myself a deck (or two) to ride this summer. By the end of June I will likely start taking and filling orders for a few of the decks.

More about the pintail. This is actually a total overhaul of V1. It’s more concave and the concavity stretches longer down the deck. One of the most notable changes other than the shape is that I gave it a slight rocker instead of a camber. It’s nice and stiff. I used 8 oz fiberglass on the bottom, 6 oz on top of the nose and 10 oz on top of the tail. The grip goes all the way across the top and it has two zones. The glow-zone is medium grip. It make it easier to reposition your feet. The black part is pretty coarse to help riders stick to the deck when they lean into a turn. Between the stiff rocker and the grip this one isn’t just a cruiser, it should be able to bomb hills.

I took it out and pushed it around with these 218mm TKP trucks and the deck felt like it was made for the set-up. I’m kind of in love with this one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @A13XR3 can tell you all about it when he gets it rolling.

11 Likes

Beautiful work as always :heart_eyes:

@tomiboi do you have a deck for yourself that you ride? If so, which one?

2 Likes

I’m pumped!!

2 Likes

They look awesome.

Though my Mother said the Glow in the dark part looks like a phallus. Take it as you want :grin:

2 Likes

You’re giving me ideas :smirk:

1 Like

I’m just starting a kicktail for myself. I want something to monkey around on sidewalks with and walk my dog. I’m going to set it up with the loaded x unlimited hubs and trucks pictured on the pin-tail.

I’m also making a mid-sized deck that hasn’t been pictured here. It’s going to be a drop-deck, top-mount. I’m putting together an AWD eLofty set-up for that. I want to be able to do donuts all over empty dirt lots with it… or maybe take it to the beach.

4 Likes

@tomiboi these decks look really nice! I am really digging the overall deign of that pin tail, but my next board has gotta be a carver. Do you know how you are going to be pricing these once they become available for sale?

Im just curious form design point, why most of integrated decks are made with lid on top of the board? Didn’t see any with bottom lid in fully wood why? Just wish to know :slight_smile: what would be difference?

Having the lid on the bottom is slightly harder to work with because everything is upside down, but more importantly the bottom of the board is under tension so cracks will propagate faster

2 Likes

That’s a great question. Both designs have pros and cons but @ZachTetra summed up my thoughts. I like working on the deck from the top and I believe that it is far stronger this way.

2 Likes

Which one are you interested in? Because your battery making skills will be needed for me to complete this deck

I’ve been riding a V1 pintail for a while now. Thing is so sweet, have been trying to break it but no problems with the deck whatsoever. Along with the improvements made to the V2, mine will be built with some better equip than this one was. Hyped to get it.

3 Likes

Man i would love to get a integrated deck but the missing flex probably would kill me.

2 Likes

Sweet I can’t wait to order one

1 Like

These definitely hold up to abuse, I put a 5 king pin truck on the front and tried useing it as a spring board for a little, no signs of damage so I wouldn’t be worried about being able to crack them

Not much flex though on the V1s, the V2s are a bit better but still very solid

3 Likes

Really like those integrated decks, since you can hardly distinguish them from regular skateboards which is particular useful in places where esk8 is illegal which is most places.

1 Like

Are you planning on making them available to a wider audience? Got a time frame perhaps already?

The one I have feels quite similar in flex too a 9ply deck. Matched with 74a 110s its a comfy ride.

Top mounted advantages:

• Don’t need to threadlock bolts holding the lid – very useful for traveling by airplane!
  • Less tension
  • When you have griptape over top, there is less giveaway that it is an electric board
  • Most water / mud splashes from the bottom, so it is slightly better at ingress protection
  • Less material between remote and receiver
7 Likes

They’ve got more flex than I thought they would. It depends on the deck and how much fiberglass used, but they’re definitely not perfectly stiff. They have energy and enough spring for comfort and vibration dampening. The kick-tail is an exception.

1 Like