My integrated deck project continues | Test monkeys found

I believe I’m young still? :sweat_smile:

Just kidding, triple 8 T8 Racers and pads

2 Likes

Yep those are normal, @tomiboi explained earlier in this thread that he filled those with epoxy. And there is a layer of GF to strengthen the deck.

1 Like

What if you leave those crack in the bamboo deck? Will it self destruct?

2 Likes

Did you get one?

1 Like

No I’m just asking generally for any bamboo deck.

2 Likes

I don’t know about other decks but the OP said he reinforced his, so we shall see.

1 Like

As long as it’s glued over (you can’t get your fingernail in there) it should be fine. Splitting is common in bamboo, glue is more or less as strong as the wood itself.

5 Likes

it should be good then, but it kinda looks like the maple is a little split too below the bamboo

I mean, you got the deck in your hands, but I zoomed way in and it looks like it’s only through the bamboo.

2 Likes

Alright thanks i should be good then

my fingernails dont fit in the crack either.

The first pictures looked pretty normal for horizontal grain bamboo… but this guy right here looks like it could lead to a problem. I’d keep and eye on it. It’s on the drop through which is really suspect. Maybe use a metal, drop-through, reinforcment bracket to help keep it from getting worse?

3 Likes

funny part is this deck had no miles on it, so im kinda suspecting for the deck to be defective.

theres two other places where the deck also looks like that. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Just wanted to get people’s opinion. Which one would you prefer?

• Single Center Hole
  • Dual Holes on Side

0 voters

Poll is broken :grin:

1 Like

Where are you sourcing your materials for this project?

Specifically I mean wood.

Should add an option for “no holes thanks”

2 Likes

Bamboo is actually a grass :nerd_face: I have a few sources. Are you in the states?

Yep, Just over here in Utah.

Right on. I hope you are doing well over there. You can get 1/16" bamboo veneer from roarockit.com here. You can get dimensional lumber at nwbamboo.com. Both companies are on the west coast.

4 Likes

Youngblood, I can send you a charcoal rubbing digitized copy if you like

3 Likes