My integrated deck project continues | Test monkeys found

That’s a really good idea.

1 Like

At the moment I have most of the parts, but still not sure how to assemble it…waiting on the pulley but even then how the hell do I connect a wheel to a stick?

Love that color mix-on the board it has a beachy vibe🤙

1 Like

Pantheon trip is hmmmeh, the first iterations broke at the fork i heard. I think i have the v2 8 ply and its kinda flexy and short, but the carving you can do on it is on another level.

I might call it the midnight defiler :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’s like surfing on a giant, radioactive erection in the moonlight :laughing:

12 Likes

:flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

4 Likes

Inspired by:

:smiley:

2 Likes

Someone was selling these commercially or at least gearing up to do it. I posted it in legacy “pictures only” last year, but can’t remember any particulars.

Yeah I remember seeing something about it before, it was some french guy I think

I would like to have done it with a 8" hub motor (the meepo style with the axle stub) but I had the motor already and I wouldn’t mind it being lighter so we rolling with it

1 Like

Kickstick is the first one I ever saw it’s pretty sick but over engineered IMO.

Surprised they never took off in the analog community but I’ve never actually ridden with one so what do I know lol.

I feel like I saw a DIY once designed to run of dewalt drill batteries which was pretty cool but I couldn’t find it :frowning:

3 Likes

Oh neat! Well if mine works I’ll let ya know if its any good…I suspect mine will be much cheaper :yum:

2 Likes

It looks like a hell of a thing to lug around. If all of the electronics were in a back-pack and all that you had in your hands was a stick and a hub motor that might be more practical and less fatiguing for the arms and shoulders.

2 Likes

I want to have the weight at the bottom so the wheel is holding the weight, worst case I’ll get a 10s1p P42A pack instead

I’m slightly worried that the hub motor would slip out too easy though

1 Like

I have a feeling holding a really heavy, long stick with all the weight at one end really fucks with your balance/stability. And leaning on it and having it slip out would be a disaster. Cool idea, probably a mess in practice.

1 Like

I know it’s overkill, but do you think the 110mm wheels would also work?

It looks like there should be clearance, but I haven’t tried them out.

The decks are available now.

https://forum.esk8.news/t/tomiboiesk8-decks-are-now-available/33751/2

6 Likes

So glad everything worked out!

2 Likes

@tomiboi do you have any integrated demo or blemish decks that you want to sell for a 220lb dude :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no. :weary:

2 Likes